Do you need to supervise your child at all times??????

I donot know if that should be done or not but i dont do it at all times. Although i am around my son most of the time i dont keep telling him what to do and what not to do. I think there are certain things that they pick up on their own so i just let him be himself at times when he is playing around on his own. Incase if there is something that migh hurt him, it is only then that i supervise or check him. As of now he is only a year old so he does little things that i look over, he likes to throw all dirty clothes in the bathroom and fresh clothes as well but i dont stop him untill i see him doing things like touching the candle flame. Most probably i would have to supervise him once he gets a bit older! But is supervision necessary at all times??
@kezabelle (2985)
You cant watch a child 24/7 it i think would give them insecurities I dont think its healthy for a child to grow up never being left to play alone and learn that their own company is a good thing. Im always aware of what my children are doing but they do get left to play alone upstairs or outside etc they are 2 and 4 they are both very settled and happy. I never try to interfere in what they are doing unless I think they are in real danger but they also have to learn how to be safe with a bit of guidance from me, all in balance I suppose and I know i say that a lot but a balance on everything is what works best for us
@mstgmagic (126)
Well i try to supervise my 1 year old at all times because she likes to put things in her mouth. My biggest fear is her choking and it happened before when she swallowed a penny. The best thing to do in those kinds of situations is not to panic. As far as not stopping her until she gets into serious danger i don't know about that because i try and teach my lil gurl as she goes along to not to dis or that. That way she'll already know before she gets too out of hand. To answer your question its not necessary all the time but personally i try to keep mine in sight unless she's playing with her older brother and then i check on her when i haven't heard her or when she starts crying.
@dragon54u (31556)
I think parents should always keep a watchful eye on their children, always be around at least till they're in school then they can have some freedom. There's too much, like the candle you mentioned, to hurt them and they're so curious. That's what a parent is for.