What's Cooking?

@newtondak (3950)
I have a great deal of information on my website that some might find to be helpful, as well as a number of recipes. If you'd like to check it out: http://frugalhome.googlepages.com/thekitchen
Good morning, Newtondak. Thanks for having your frugal home tips on your website. It reminds me of some of newletters written by Laura Ingalls Wilder when she wrote them for a farm extension service. Some of them were re-published in a book about Mrs. Wilder and I really enjoyed them very much. I know you write for Helium. Have you considered gathering up some of your tips and self-publish them? You can check out lulu.com about some offers they have there. Keep up the good work! I'm going to have to try those Raisin Filled Bars pretty soon. They sound good!
@newtondak (3950)
I have thought of publishing some of the information, just haven't gotten to it yet. I guess now that everyone is looking at being frugal because of food and gas prices - it would be a good time to get it going! I have also used canned pie filling instead of the raisins in the center of the Filled Bars - we have used cherry and apple.
I also believe that now would be a good time for the book. Times are hard right now and I imagine that people would like to learn how to stretch the dollar to make it go farther. The other fillings really sound yummy, too!!
@alcazar (762)
thats wonderful dear...i would surely check ur blog..for further working analysis...thanx...
@newtondak (3950)
I've been a little slow at getting new things on there this summer - it's been a very bush time here. I will try to get some new information on there soon.
@sweetdesign (5151)
I will check that out. I love reading other peoples ideas and recipes and stuff.
@neelygal (1022)
• Bahamas
Thanks for the recipes.Its always nice to try something new for a change.