Let my TEA cool down first...

India
August 2, 2008 10:45am CST
I have a friend of mine who likes her TEA cold!! Ok she can have an ice tea ..but no she wants me to make her a hot tea and then let it cool down..!! Honestly some times I feel like she is disrespecting the tea!! ..lol I mean she leaves that poor cup of tea alone for an hour!! I love my tea as hot as possible. So that I can enjoy it sip by sip. Its really good when you drink a hot cup of tea specially sip by sip its truly refreshing. She does the same with coffee also. I feeling like its a CRIME..lol. As I am a true coffee lover I hate it when she leaves that cup of nice coffee to cool down. Do you have any friend like that? Do you think I am crazy?
1 person likes this
4 responses
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
4 Aug 08
Hi Stella hope u must be doing fine well i am sure ice tea and cold tea are both diferrnt things and every body has its own taste well i get cup of tea or coffee hot, i sip it and after 10 mins its just warm and after 20 mins, 1/4 of cup is cold, which i usually dont drink LOL Take care
1 person likes this
• India
5 Aug 08
You know what cupid(I am sorry I forgot your name) I also hate it when people leave tea (ya 1/4th of the cup).. just because it is cold. I find drinking coffee kind of a serious act and I truly respect that.. (I may sound a little crazy) There is way of eating things a and same applies with the drinks as well. You drink it sip by sip.. and finish it while the whole coffee is warm!! But you live in democratic country you are free to drink your tea/ coffee the way you want!! Thanks for responding!!
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
7 Aug 08
Ha ha ha Stella, so u hate when i leace some tea in Cup, but its due to work u get occupied and when u r free , its cold and its not surprised that u forgot my name as its not that important, cupid is fine. what else Take care
1 person likes this
• India
28 Aug 08
ya cupid is much better and easy.... lol
@nahidbd (731)
• Bangladesh
2 Aug 08
I also know some people who likes to take a tea hen the heat gets reduced very low. It is common to people. But I like to take a tea or coffee as hot as possible.
1 person likes this
• India
2 Aug 08
same pinch then nahidbd!!! thanks for responding!!
• Malaysia
2 Aug 08
No, you are not crazy. I don't think I have any friends that are like that. It isn't a good idea to leave the tea to cool down, especially when you are at restaurants because I notice that drinks that are left there for some time will have dusts and hair floating in them and I doubt anyone would want to drink them. If your friend likes the tea to be cooled to room temperature, try making tea with 20% hot water and the other 80% room temperature water is added in later, after stirring it. If it is really inevitable to leave it to cool down then better cover the cup or glass at all times to prevent dusts and hair from getting in.
1 person likes this
• India
2 Aug 08
no she wants me to cook it!! Like the old tradition.. Boil the water and milk and add sugar and tea..!! man she is kinda weird!! thanks for responding!!
@Bd200789 (2994)
• United States
2 Aug 08
I don't understand that, either. I like hot tea better than iced.
1 person likes this