My fundraiser was a success!!!

@reinydawn (11651)
As some of you may know, a local restaurant here will set aside a day for charities and give 10% of their days sales. I had last Tuesday for my Breast Cancer 3-Day walk fundraiser. I thought they were very busy during dinner - most of it was my friends and family. They called me yesterday to let me know that they're sending me a check for almost $380!!! I was so excited! That puts me over the half-way mark. I'm going to schedule another day for me in September. Hopefully it'll go even better because most people will be back from vacation and all.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
This is terrific news. Good for you. Good for the restaurant and great for Cancer Research. I'm proud of you! Now go out and do it again! LOL
@reinydawn (11651)
Hey, I plan on it!! I'm only half way to the minimum for the walk. I have until the first week in October and I still have a couple more tricks up my sleeve! I'll most likely sign up to do the walk again next year when I'm at the walk in October. It's a really good cause.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well it's thanks to the efforts of people like you sweets that more an more women are surviving. So well done, and keep up the great work. Hugs.
Wow what a great job. I want to thank you for doing this for woman all over the world.
@reinydawn (11651)
You're quite welcome! I don't have lots of money, but I have enough legs!
two is all you need.
• Marion, Kansas
That sounds like you are really thinking ahead. Different seasons bring out different people.
@reinydawn (11651)
Once the kids are back in school I think I'll have an even better turnout!
@MeganK (88)
That's wonderful! I'm glad your fundraiser was successful. I've seen people have similiar events at a local Buffalo Wild Wings around here. I was curious about yours since I don't have any experience with the 3-Day walk. You have to have a minimum contribution to participate in the walk?
@reinydawn (11651)
Yes, we have to each raise $2,200. I'm over halfway there now and have a few more "tricks up my sleeve". You can check out the link to my 3-day site if you'd like more information, it's on my profile.
Good day..congratulations for your fund raising and your spirit of charity. This kind of humanitarian work should be noted and admire. It's good to know that there are still ordinary people trying to make a difference. good luck and God bless.
@reinydawn (11651)
Thanks! I can't do much but I can walk. And I figure I know enough people that can donate a little bit to help me meet my goal. It's great that this restaurant helps out too!
That is wonderful! With our economy in such a mess it is so nice to hear that businesses are willing to do their part to help out with charities. Good luck with your fundraising efforts. Big huggers to you.
@reinydawn (11651)
THANKS!!! I've actually had a bit of fun doing this. The restaurant that does this has been doing it for as long as I can remember. The owners are very passionate about giving back to the community.
@gtargirl (5385)
Well done, reinydawn! Hope it all goes as well the next time too.
@reinydawn (11651)
Thanks!!! I had some problems and could not put up all the flyers I wanted to for this one, but I should be able to next time!
what do you sell at your fundraiser? have you ever thought of selling other stuff? I sell mineral girlz make-up and stuff-a-pal stuffed toys and they have a fundraiser category where you can order alot of the product for a certain price and use the product for a fundraiser. if you are interested let me know. p.s. I promise these isn't spam I just thought you'd like to know about other things to use in a fundraiser. on another note, I'm glad it went well for you.