Grilled PB+J Sandwich, Have You Tried This?

I bought a Taste of Home magazine, yesterday at the supermarket. It had kids recipes in there. One of them was for grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Kind of like grilled cheese only with peanut butter and jelly. You do everything the same, and at the very end you sprinkl powdered sugar on it before serving. Has anyone tried this? It sounds very good. I am not sure my kids would go for it, but I might like it.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
that's a different way to eat it all right. i love taste of home magazines. they really have some good sounding recipes. if u try it let me know. greetings from tennessee.
yes we tried it and yes it was very good. I like taste of home too. Their magazine is a little pricer, but I always find several recipes we would use.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
thanks for your response. i use totake tasteof home butwhen i had to quit work on account of my health i dropped all mymagazines trying to cut bac ever where i could. have a good one.
Interesting, but comparing it to a grilled cheese makes it sound unhealthy (and therefore, to me, unappetizing). Then again, I've never really liked PB&J sandwiches. Peanut butter is relatively nutritious, though... I don't know, I think having PB & J in a crepe with powdered sugar sounds more appealing.
I dont think it is very healthy, maybe if you used light butter, light peanut better and sugar free jelly would be better.
@nanciem (1106)
Actually, I remember someone in a movie speaking of this, we have wanted to try it. Personally I would not sprinkle powdered sugar on it.. Jelly is sweet enough , actually too sweet for me. My husband LOVE PB&J.. I can eat it, but not crazy about it.. I just don't like too many sweets. I would try it, see if they like it! :)
Well we tried it for lunch, it was half and half. I loved it, i dont think it would be very healthy to eat every day though, and i didnt have any confectioners sugar. My son loved it, my daughter wouldnt even taste it lol
@bamakelly (5194)
I haven't tried it but it really sounds different. I like the idea and I think my son would probably love it. If it has sugar the children will go for it! I also think your kids will like it too. I never heard of Taste of Home magazine but it sounds like a good magazine.
most supermarkets carry taste of home, it is not cheap though, but they have really good and easy recipes. Their specialty magazines, at the holidays are my favorite. My kids tried it for lunch today, my son loved it, my daughter said no way.
@suspenseful (40326)
I have not tried that, but I did have French Toast with peanut butter and jelly once. It had powdered sugar on it. I wonder if it was sort of almost the same thing. I think your kids would go for it. I mean the thought of grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is making me hungry.
They certainly sound similar. Your version sounds a little more difficult to make. But since I havent tried that version I will leave that judgement until I do. My kids were split 50/50 on my version.
@suspenseful (40326)
It was at either a friend's place or our brother-in-law's. His wife is a wonderful cook. I would not attempt to make it myself. Not that I would not try, but I am not that skinny and all that French toast would add pounds. When we were young , we made regular French Toast and just had jam with it. I have not made any for my husband because you need a whole lot of people to eat it.
Too bad, most really yummy food packs on the pounds, doesnt seem quite fair.
@cjgrooms (4457)
I don't like peanut butter or jelly so i wouldn't like it. My 13y/o son might though.
Dont like peanut butter and jelly, my goodness lol. I only like Jif, and grape jelly, the rest nope dont work for me. Have your son try it, my son loved it.