Can anyone tell me how to?

A long time ago (in a land far away no wait wrong discussion) I heard about growing potatoes in a garbage sack. Does anyone know how to do this?
@Vladilyich1 (1453)
Quite frankly, it's easier to grow them in a stack of used tires. I would always take an old tire, fill the center with dirt, and plant a potato that's been quartered in the center. Because the potato is a tuber, whenever the leaves begin to spread over the endge, add another tire and fill it with dirt, covering the stems. in early fall, harvest your potatoes.
I think that is the way I am going to go on it. I seen the tire suggestion on another discussion.
OK hat's unny!!! My huband responded to his 4 minutes BEFORE I sent it to him. LOL Psychic! :) I'm glad he did.
• Lubbock, Texas
I haven't heard about growing them in a garbage sack, but I assume it would be similar to growing them in a bag of potting soil or compost. You just lay the bag of soil out flat, cut small slits to plant the eyes in and water them in good. It doesn't take much water because the plastic holds in in. You may want to punch a few drain holes on the side that will be the bottom first so they won't get water logged.
Sounds simple enough. I am going to order some seed potatoes and get started on that (I live in FL longer growing seasons).
@ruby222 (4848)
Not at all sure about growing potatoes in a sack,but I know you can grow them in tubs ,and many people like to do this ,its a good way of getting a few early potatoes.I was thinking that potatoes are grown underground,in darkness,so when you say about growing them in a sack it may be the conditions in the sack suit them,,try it and see..
I don't know, but my husband is a gardening genius. I've sent this along to him to see i he an ive you any information. I don't know if he's ever done his before, but he might have. Anyway, he knows more about gardening than I do. LOL