A Question for my Chinese married female friends.

I'm just curious, when you got married was your wedding gown red or white? I remember learning that red is the color of happiness but here in the west , we married wearing white.So what color was your wedding gown. Thanks for all your responses.
This is a very interesting topic. In fact it depends on different areas in China. In Guangzhou, the common way is to order at least two gowns. One is the western style white wedding gowns. The bride will wear it before the feast. The bride and groom will stand in front of the hall to welcome the guests. And another is the traditional Chinese red "qi pao". The bride will wear it when it's time to offer the guests tea. Some brides even order the party gowns when they said goodbye to the guests after the feast. So you can see the brides are busy with changing gowns:) This is my wedding photos and I would like to share with you http://photo.163.com/photos/youless1/130104121/#p1 I love China
I want to thank you for sharing your wedding photos. They are so beautiful.And thanks for responding to this post. I think the problem isn't that China is behind the time, it is us Westerners ideas of China that are behind the times. I am so glad ladies can and do wear white at their weddings.I love the idea of adding to a tradition to make it your own. And your wedding day is the one day , the bride and groom should have everything just the way they want it.
Thanks for the best response You can see in my wedding I didn't buy the party gown because I think two gowns would be enough for me. Changing gowns were troublesome and I hardly had time to enjoy the food
My Canadian cousin married a Chinese man. She had a red dress for part of the day, and a white one for the other part of the day. Her roots are Sottish on her Dad's side, so for part of the day her Chinese husband wore a tux, and the oher part he wore a Kilt. They had two sets of pitures. One of them in his tux and her whie dress, and another of him in hks kilt and her red Chinese dress. I am not Chinese but I also wore red on my wedding day, because I just like he colour. I hink white dresses are too plain.
That is wonderful. They paid respect to both cultures. Thanks for your response.