KILLERS is right BESIDE me and my people !

@gabbana (1815)
China
The most horrible killer is none other than the doctors around me, in my places. and i believe things are quite different in the rest of the world. It is like this: Doctors, majority of them charge extra money for operation, it is a must, anyone can prove this by asking a chinese; many of them, (sure there are few good-natured, but only ver few) presicribe medicine according to how much commission they will get from it, the dearer, the better, the more they get. They also get commission from physical exams, CTs, X-rays, and so on. The result is: wealthy patients and high social status people can always receive warm welcome, people from poor family and suburb are frequently treated indifferently and badly, ill-mannered. P.S. it's reality, no one can change ! when we fall ill,need care the most, we are ill-treated and badly-treated.
Sorry, Gabbana, but I don't think you're right at all. There will be some bad apples in ever bucket, but most doctors become doctors because they truly want to help others be well. Her in Miami, teachers are in negotiations for a raise we were promised, but the Board of Ed. says we're not going to get it. Since the costs of benefits, taxes, etc., are going up substantially, and we now have to purchase our own supplies because the schools wont give them to us, everyone knows teachers ae really in financial difficulty. Because I have poor health, I;ve seen 6 doctors in the past few weeks to monitor the problems. Only two charged the co-payment we usually pay. The others are not charging teachers the copayments because they know it's really hard for us to pay those amounts. They also try everything else before they opt for surgery. They've even helped me find a pharmacy that charges less than the usual copayment, too. Surely, this can't be the only community in which most doctors are dedicated professional healers!
@gabbana (1815)
Thank you, lady. As i mentioned at the very beginning, i firmly believe that things ARE diffent in other countries. When my mom was in hospital, i had to beg my classmate who works in that hospital, and asked her to find a doctor who could arrange a bed in hospital. As my classmate told me that it was impossible to arrange a bed without acquaitance in hospital, or you had to wait for weeks, and you turn would come finally. But we couldn't afford that cause we were urgent. And when my mom was accepted, the first thing i had to do is to buy drinks and fruit to the headnurse and nurses, sent to their office, as to the doctor, since i was introduced by insider, i only gave him RMB 500 in private, and 1000 yuan for the director to perform the operation. over 95% patients do so. I know it is hard or incredible for you, but if you got the chance to talk with a chinese, he/ she will tell the same story. Thank you, good luck.
How horrible! This is, I'm afraid, why so many of us are upset about the Olympics being in China; we should not be supporting a country in which people ar treated so! Aren't the Chinese supposed to be caring for all their people equally and allowing everyone full civil rights? It would probably be dangerous for the Chinese people to fight for their freedoms, but there should be something done by the rest of the world to attain freedom for all! I'm so sorry you go through so much just to survive in a world of plenty, which is denied to you. You and China are in my prayers.
@bamakelly (5194)
Sometimes it does seem that there is some discrimination among the medical world. That is not to say it is always happening. I do feel that the poor or destitute can be discriminated against and the care isn't as good. That isn't fair and I believe you are raising a point here.
@gabbana (1815)
thank you for your understanding. but i bet there's nowhere darker than my place. things go to such an extent that we have to bribe doctors and nurses, esp. doctors for operation or common treatment.