Where the heck am I????

@reinydawn (11651)
OK, we finally got our Garmin GPS. We were just finishing up deciding which one we wanted and when we went to Sam's club yesterday they had a better one than we were going to get and it was harldy any more expensive. So, I went today and got it - we called first to make sure it was in stock, it wasn't yesterday. And of course we're playing with it today... I put in my uncles place - where we're going this weekend and I've been a zillion times. It's pretty remote and the street has only had a name for a few years. It's actually named after our family since we're about the only ones that own property back there. It's up this mountain, back in the woods. Well, I was impressed that it actually had the street in there, but the way it took us to get there???? I have no clue where it's going. I'm not sure if we're going to try to follow it and see where it goes or if we're going to go the way we know how to go and see what happens! We definily need to figure it out before next week. We're going to California then driving to Vegas and Salt Lake.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
In your shoes, I'd go the way I usually do, but on the way back I'd follow (in reverse of course. lol) the GPS directions and see where it takes me. Adventures in driving I call it! LOL
@reinydawn (11651)
I'm going to check it out on the map before we go, see what it looks like. I'm pretty sure what it's going to do is take us through town instead of around the farms. It's definitely going to be interesting when we're on the west coast because we won't know if it's right or wrong!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well the whole reason for their success is the fact that they're always right! LOL The only thing I can see is your car objecting because it's used to driving without it! ROFL
@reinydawn (11651)
I know, training my car is going to be a REAL BIG problem. Except next week from California to Las Vegas, I have no clue how to get there so we have to rely on the GPS!
I might try to see where it takes you it might be a shorter way that you did not know about. Then again it might take you to the edge of the grand Canyon like some did. My sister told me that some GPS systems got confused and took several people on a dirt road to the edge of the grand canyon. The warning was "People us your brains do not leave them at home even if you have a gramin"/ Where in CA are you going to be? I think you told me several months ago when you planned the trip, or am I getting you mixed up with one of my other myLot friends? Have a good day I am up in Washington with my sister to help clean out my Grandmothers home so she can put it up on the Market. Granny is is doing well in a board and care home but will never be able to live alone again.
@reinydawn (11651)
We did go the way it told us to and I was a MUCH shorter ride. We're not sure if that's because of the construction going on for the route we normally take or if it's always shoter. We do like the new route better thought!!! We'll be in Souther California, not far from the Mexico border. We're so excited about that!!! We just talked to my husbands uncle tonight and he seems pretty excited also :)
You are going to be about 6 hours south of me. I hope you had a great time. I hope you where well.
@reinydawn (11651)
That wasn't too far, but not close enough to stop by. We might have been closer as we traveled to Salt Lake City. We had a great time - as you might have seen from my posts the last couple days :)
• Marion, Kansas
I have never used GPS, but I have had my issues with MapQuest, and that is probably all I had better say. I ended up on a muddy dirt road, running late, driving about eleven miles. When I got ready to go a person working in the store pointed out the window less than a mile a way and said, Honey, that is the fastest way.
@reinydawn (11651)
We've had a couple of issues with Yahoo Maps lately - they're much better than MapQuest. I haven't used MapQuest in years because it has too many roads that don't exist in it. It should be fun trying to work the GPS though, I'm looking forward to the adventure (even if I can't breathe!).
@kenzie45230 (3563)
Indeed. My sister has a Garmin and she (the female voice programmed into Garmin) is often arguing with her about how she should be driving somewhere. It's quite comical to have the computer voice tell you that you've made a wrong turn, then try to get you to go where she wants.
@reinydawn (11651)
We were using a friends car a couple weeks ago and they have Onstar. It was actually quite annoying when we didn't go the way it wanted to. The Onstar doesn't recalculate automatically, you have to call the people and they download a new map for you. The Garmin is supposed to automatically redirect you. We're very anxious to try it out!