Drinking carbonated water

I hate to drink water. I will say that right up front. They say that you should drink 8 glasses of water a day. I really have a hard time making myself drink any water let alone 8 glasses of it! I do however drink the flavored water. It is carbonated water with flavor added and no calories. This probably sounds dumb, but I have often wondered if this would count as regular water. Does anyone know if drinking flavored carbonated water counts toward your 8 glasses that you should be drinking a day? Would it be as healthy?
@lilaclady (28245)
I think there is various opinions on this as i hate drinking water also, I have to flavour it as well...some people say that is no good but I saw a doctor talking on TV and she said so long as you have fuid and that can be tea flavoured water as well...so i have a lot of tea...
@nanciem (1106)
Oh I saw that on NBC (New York), drink away, flavor it if you have to! Just stay hydrated!
I drink a lot of tea as well as the carbonated flavored water, so hopefully I should be okay.
@babystar1 (4236)
I also dont like drinking water. I dont even drink a glass a day. But I do drink a lot of coffee. I seen on a talk show that if you dont drink water you can drink fruit juice. tea even coffee. Just as long as you drink some kind of liquid.
About the only water that I actually drink is to take pills. Once in awhile I drink a can of soda or a glass of milk, but otherwise it is just tea and carbonated water. I guess as long as its liquid then it sounds like it should be okay. Best wishes!
@nanciem (1106)
Ahhh I as well hate drinking water.. you are not nuts! I drink seltzer, how could that not count as water... why because it has bubbles... I don't usually drink th flavored seltzers, just plain..But heck yeah.. It's water!
Right! Its wet, its fluid, so go for it!