People who always tend to take upperhand......

@subha12 (18453)
I have observed there are few people who has made this a habit. they try to take unnecessary upper hand in all things whenever they get any chance. or rather i must say they make it an forced situation. in our country there is concept of arranged marriage. for this generally groom and his family members come to see the bride .Now i have heard in one case, although the girl is working in a high profile job, the grooms family wants her to be absent from office on working day just to meet them. At this situation the girl is very much pressed in the workplace as there are some important work lined up. Now the groom's family does not bother as it is concerned with the girl, also they tend to take upper hand as they are Groom's side. Also the girl's parents do not want to listen to her as they think she can be absent for a day while the job is very much important. Now in this case what is your opinion? should this groom's family attitude to take advantage be encouraged more? Or should the girls family just deny to meet them?
@4mymak (1796)
people from different cultures may have different opinions on this matter.. but i would say that the groom himself must be clear about this.. if he doesnt mind to have a wife with a career.. then he must understand the importance of the jobs and datelines of his potential bride.. and agree to reset the 'appointment'... but, if he (the groom) is thinking of getting the girl to quit her job and be a fulltime home-maker.. i guess he wouldnt care less if the girl will get into trouble for taking leave to meet with him... still... if i was the parent.. i would have asked the guy's family to re-set the appointment.. as long as the are 'no ties or connections' between the two people.. i think there is no need for my daughter to 'sacrifice' her career just yet...
@subha12 (18453)
yes absolutely correct. if the groom is like that, then there is no way any relationship can grow.
@Katlady2 (9920)
I've seen so many people that do that in life. It irritates me to no end too. Honestly, I think that if the girl cannot get the day off, she should tell the family so and leave it at that. Her job is very important as it is bringing in the income, and if she were to not come in without permission, she could lose her job. The family should be more understanding of her position, at least in my opinion.
@subha12 (18453)
it also irritates me so much.
In my opinion the girl family should deny to meet them. It is not right that the boy family should call the girl on its working day. Just think if boy is calling the girl and making inconvenient for the girl even before the marriage just think how will boy and boy's family will behave to that girl after marriage they will just make her their servants to do work in their own way. A girl is also having its own life she has full right to live up freely so she should give chance to answer herself or even ask her decision as its her life too.
@subha12 (18453)
yes you are right. i completely agree with you.
@debu004 (182)
Well I feel the girl should have the right to do whatever she want.If she has an important day at office then she should be allowed to work.Why should she risk her work just to meet.she can meet them after her work or during the weekends.Her job is important so as family but something which can be adjusted shouldn't be asked to do it forcibly.She should take her own decision and should not take leave if her work is important.And the girl's family should understand that her job is important and should respect her and should deny to meet her or can meet later.