Man calls 911 over a sandwich

@ersmommy1 (12600)
man dissatisfied with his Subway sandwich called 911 to report a condiment problem. It didn't have mustard or mayo on it. Can you believe this one? http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/08/05/spivey.911.call.sandwich.wtlv You won't believe what else people have called 911 about. Take a look!@!
That is hilarious that people would call 911 for that. I used to work for a cell phone company call center and people would call just to get the number for pizza hut. I was like I'm sorry I don't have pizza huts number this is not 411 and they are stupid enough to ask for the number for 411 I'm like its 411.
There are crazy people. There are also just people who really overestimate the importance of their issues. In the case like this one, the man who called should probably be sent a bill for wasting the 911 operator's time. I don't know, maybe that would work.
@bmorehouse1 (1029)
How darn inconsiderate can people get?! I can't beleive that this world is full of such stupid people! There are people out there that actually need help. I think everyone that calls 911 for nonemergencies, especially STUPID nonemergencies should get arrested. I'm glad that this guy did! Wonder what he told his friends and family as to why he got arrested?
@lilybug (21148)
Yup, It is morons like that who cause real emergencies to not get answered in a timely manner. People with real emergencies have to wait for 911 operators to get off the phone with the idiots.
@suspenseful (40316)
And I bet because of that stupid idiot there was an emergency that never got answered in time. I mean over a sandwich? Why did he not just order mustard and condiments and who in his right mind would put mustard on an Italian sandwich? I hope they fined him plenty and showed the pictures of the family who never got help because of his brainless complaint.
@shamzy18 (2319)
LOL over mayo!!! some people over react but yeah there are loads of people who go to the police over little things !!
That has got to be insane. I hope he gets a major fine for the waste of time and danger he might have put someone else in. Better yet why doesn't he just buy the ingredients and make his own at home. Some people are such morons.
@brimia (6584)
and just when you think you've heard it all...
@stephcjh (32327)
That sounds about right these days. alot of people in the world are ate up. they do outragious things. nothing surprises me anymore. each day seems to get worse. I don't know what the world is coming to.
Ok now I have heard it all!
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
That is just plain silly and a waste of 911 operators time and the polices. They need to think twice before calling about something like that again..He should have called the place he received the food from..
It is these types of people that make me really annoyed with my job. I work as a 911 dispatcher which means at times (when the call takers are gone or just too lazy to pick up the phone) I will answer the 911 lines and then the majority of my job is dispatching the calls to the officers. I really have no patience what so ever for people that call 911 and they don't have an emergency. I can't tell you how many stupid calls I have answered. My favorite is: Me: 911 Do you need Police, Fire, or Medical? Caller: Ummm...none of them. This isn't an emergency. Me: Well why did you call 911 if you don't have an emergency? The other 911 lines are ringing and someone could be dying and I need to help them yet you're taking up my time when you don't have an emergency. That gets them off the line and calling the regular non-emerg line really fast. My other favorites are those that call 911 for directions and I once had a lady call me and asked me to send an officer to turn her tv off because she couldn't find her tv remote. LOL We have arrested people before for abusing 911 and it's a great feeling!
@katsmeow1213 (29043)
That was funny and sad at the same time. I can't believe things like that actually happen. And the woman calling for the pizza, get a life lady! Geez!
@babystar1 (4236)
That is crazy, I never heard of such a thing. People that do things like this should be locked up in jail. Calling 911 for something that stupid, he must be crazy.
@samijo719 (1054)
That is absoultly absurd. lol. What happend to common sense!?!?!
@NrgDfenZ (1810)
• Belgium
OMG.. Over some mayo ?? What a retarded guy... Have a nice day ..
@jillhill (37383)
I have a couple of policemen that are friends....one of the calls they got was a woman calling because a bird had cr*pped on her living room window...they have a whole list of things people call about that is a waste of their time..and the taxpayers money!