Water Fowl Pond

Pond - Taken at the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory in Minnesota.
@webeishere (36353)
This shot is from a recent trip I took to the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory here in Minnesota. This is the pond for the water folw. There were a variety of ducks, turtles, tortoises, flamingos, and other various water animals and birds. It is a very beautiful and well maintained area. The whole Zoo is free to visit and donations are accepted at each gate and or entrance. The zoo is self sufficient, surviving on the publics donations. Do you have a free zoo near you at all? Are you a member of any zoo at all? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@guybrush (4660)
We don't have any free zoos, but there is Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney (Australia). It's a beautiful zoo, with views out over the harbour. They have done their best to make the animal exhibits as authentic as possible, with plenty of 'natural habitat' areas.
@webeishere (36353)
Cool deal. Have you ever been to the Irwin run Zoo at all? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@webeishere (36353)
Give Bindy 5 years and she will be running it. Just like Steve did as well I think. She is exactly like her dad. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@guybrush (4660)
Thank you very much for the best response!
There is a free zoo thirty miles away, and others an hour, or an hour and a half away. We seem to have lots of zoos. The one that we get a membership at is the Sedgewick County Zoo, in Wichita, Ks.
@webeishere (36353)
We have the Minnesota Zoo which isn't free but a very beautiful place. I have not been there in many years though. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jillhill (37383)
The closest one is in the cities....I can however walk three blocks to the lake and see tons of waterfowl.....pelicans.....ducks....geese...they have started a no feeding the geese thing though as the dropping on one road got to be so much that it made the road slippery...
@webeishere (36353)
But those are natural waterfowl. Here they have odd ball looking ducks and geese etc. Ewwww. Goose droppings aren't fun. Hahahaha! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I like the picture but I didnt see any animals in it. Anyway National Zoo in Washington D.C. is free. I havent been there for a few years but it is a great zoo. I'm actually going to be in that area on Thursday but I'm not going to have enough time to go to the zoo unfortunately. The pandas are the neatest thing to see there.
@webeishere (36353)
Flamingos - Nest sitting flamingos.
Left side of the photo just above the R in my name. There is a duck there. This is just one third of the pond maybe less. It is huge actually. Here's a shot of the Flamingos there sitting on a nest. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@gemini_rose (16194)
That sounds like a really nice zoo, we do not really have any free zoos like that near where I live. I am not a member of any zoo, we do not really go that often to zoos on account of how expensive it can be especially when we have three kids to pay for. But I do love to go and visit a zoo.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi GRANDPA BOB! There are no free Zoos here in our country. The nearest Zoo in my area is around 120 miles away from my place. They do have an entrance fee at a very reasonable amount. The local government subsidize some of its expenses but they still lack funds so they need to post an entrance fee and ask for financial support to the public as well as private organizations. Take care always..God Bless!
@sacmom (14314)
I don't think there are any free zoos where I live, Grandpa Bob, but I am a member of the Sacramento Zoo. Unfortunately my family and I have only been able to go a couple of times due to car problems, otherwise we would have gone several times by now.
@webeishere (36353)
I have a sister in Sacremento and have seen photos from their Zoo. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@sacmom (14314)
So what do you think of it from the pictures you've seen?
@cjgrooms (4456)
That is a beautiful and peaceful looking place. Unfortunately we have no zoo close by. There is one in Jacksonville fl. but that is a couple hours away and take my word it is nowhere near free.
@dragon54u (31663)
The nearest zoo to me is 40 miles away and costs $10 to get in. I've never heard of a free, public supported zoo! If we had one, I'd surely go at least twice a month and gladly donate to it.