How many days can a discussion appear in Today's top?

@subha12 (18453)
I am here for more than a year. Still I must admit that i do not know about this concept.How many days a discussion can appear in today's top discussion? I am observing a same discussion there for 3 days on a row. can it be more days than it was started on?
@4mymak (1796)
i guess 'Today's' Top Discussion could be a discussion which was started a few days before, if the discussion still gets the highest number of responses and participation on that day...
@aseretdd (13709)
I have been here for more than 1 year... and i still do not know how the Top discussions work... i sometimes see one of my new discussions... but they only appear for a few minutes... and some are there for a whole day... i guess only the mylot admin knows about that...
What makes a discussion a top discussion is how many people are responding to it and rating it positively. Its basically the popularity of a particular discussion. So if people are still responding to it and rating it more positively than other discussions in that particular interest, it will stay in the top discussions until something changes.
@checapricorn (16066)
Hi subha, I have no idea also! LOL! I am sure you will get an answer from a seasoned user!
@stephcjh (32328)
I'm not really sure. I guess if it is a hot topic and gets alot of responses to it daily, then it may stay there as long as it keeps happening and stays active. I have not taken a look at it lately but I was wandering if you seen or looked to see if it was still getting alot of responses for three days in a row. It will say how many hours ago it was responded to.
@mayka123 (10287)
I am not sure as to on what basis are discussions labbeled as today's top discussions or today's hot discussions. I dont think it is because of the number of replies received. In fact I dont think anyone would be able to give a proper reply on this one,
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Subha I am not sure actually. May be, if a discussion is very much active, if its getting many responses still, it can make it to the TOP DISCUSSION. But I am not sure dear. The very concept of TODAY'S TOP DISC and TODAY'S HOT DISC is not clear to me in the first place!