There was a tornado here on Saturday!

@Bd200789 (2994)
At first they said it was a regular thunderstorm. I found out later that it was a tornado. I was home by myself during the whole thing. I was so afraid the tree in front of our house would fall. Luckily, it didn't. No one was hurt, but there was $75,000 to $100,000 of damage in the town I live in. Have you ever experienced a tornado?
@riyasam (16582)
good no lives were lost.no,i have never experienced a tornado.here,there are other natural disasters like flooding.
@Bd200789 (2994)
I hadn't either, until Saturday.
Hi Bd200789, I am sorry your town had the awful tornado, but as long as you are ok and no harm came to you I'm glad, we are having thunder and lightning at the moment and the rain is coming down like mad, my cat went out and she has not been back yet and she don't thunder storms so I'm a bit worried, I have been looking for her and can't find her, but my husband say she'll back when she wants to. I hope so. Tamara
@Bd200789 (2994)
I hope she comes back soon.
Hi Bd200789, After the storm had past she came back, it was 4.a.m. and she was not even wet so she must have beed hiding in someone shed or something. I went to bed about 5a.m eventualy and I was so happy she was indoors, Thaks B. Tamara
@bamakelly (5194)
I live in Alabama but I am not sure where you are from. We do get warnings from time to time here. In my particular county there hasn't been too many tornadoes. Some surrounding areas of Alabama have gotten them recently. I used to live up north in Pennsylvania about three months ago where we didn't get tornado activity regularly. I am glad that you are alright. It must have been very scary.
@Bd200789 (2994)
I'm from Virginia. I had never seen one before.
Good to know you are safe and there wasn't much damage. I n my area, we dont have tornados at all. There r others happening a lot.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
I am really glad no one was hurt. We have them around us all the time. We have been lucky so far as to not have been in one.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I live in the UK and so luckily they do not happen that much over here although they have happened in the last two years but quite a way from where I live thankfully. I would be absolutely terrified to have to experience one, I see them on tv and the damage they do and I really do not know how people cope living in areas where they are a regular occurance.
@Bd200789 (2994)
They don't usually happen here, either. I hope I never see another one.
I'm sure glad no one was hurt or killed. I live in what people consider tornado alley. Just this last May a tornado came thru where my mother lives, (only 3 miles from me) lots of damage but no one was hurt or killed. I have never been in a tornado but I have been within a few miles of major ones that destroyed homes & businesses. They are very scary & destructive.
@skinnychick (6937)
I live in Illinois and some parts of the state get them frequently but not really where I live. I have never been in one but have been in plenty of drills.
@smacksman (6076)
I once was in a waterspout, which is a tornado on water, in Africa. It was a wierd experience as we saw this finger coming down from the cloud and eventually make contact with the lake in a huge explosion of water. We were sailing in a 15' dinghy quite a way from shore so we just capsized the dinghy and held on to it in the water. Quite soon after the waterspout went over us and the wind shrieked for a while and the air was water. The wind then dropped a bit as the eye went over, about 100m diameter and then came back againg with a vengence. After it passed we watched it move across the lake for a while till it just sort of fizzled out. Half an hour later we were back in warm sunshine and sailing again. One of the other boats out sailing didn't capsize on purpose and had its mast snapped by the force of the wind. No casualties thank goodness. This was small compared to films I've seen but it was big enough for me to be pretty scary at the time.
Yikes! Tornados can be scary. We had one in our neighbourhood once when we were at church. It caed in the roof o the school and my eighbou lost a ree and a window, bu our house was unouched. It was a scay thing to come home to, and I'm glad that it never happened again in that area.