This day in History through the years

I saw a post that mentioned that today was the day that America dropped the Atomic-bomb in Japan in 1945, so I thought of all the other things that happened that day as well, in other years. 1787- US constitution draft was debated in Philadelphia 1806- Holy Roman empire went out of existence 1825- Bolivia got independence 1890- First use of the electric chair 1928- Andy Warhol was born 1962- Jamaica became an independent dominion under the British commonwealth 1965- Lyndon B. Johnson, president of the US, signed the voting rights act 1978- The Pope (VI) died 1998- Bill Clinton's mistress testified over their affair 2005- Mother, Cindy Sheehan, held a weeks-long protest, over the death of her son in Iraq, outside of President Bush's ranch in Texas I hope you enjoyed reflecting on the past, though some of it was not so pleasant.
@bamakelly (5194)
Yes, thank you very much for the input. This information is interesting to know. Yes I do remember about the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. It was a horrible thing. A lot of innocent people were killed. War is such a shame. I see that in 1787 the constitution draft was debated in Philadelphia. I was raised there. Interesting and informative sugar plum and thank you once again for your thorough research.
Thanks for your response! That's cool that you grew up in Philly, my mother did as well, I live in Pennsylvania not too far from there, and I always love visiting the city, it's such a fun place!
@bamakelly (5194)
I grew up in Northeast Philly and in later years lived in York, Pennsylvania. And now I am in Birmingham, Alabama. I have been through some changes but I never forget where I grew up. Yes, Philadelphia has a lot of good points and good memories.