Writing Down The Bones: Freeing The Writer Within

I found an excellent book on writing that I want to share with the Mylot community. It is entitled "Writing Down The Bones: Freeing The Writer Within," and the author Natalie Goldberg is an excelent writer! I really liked her non-conventional approach about writing, because she doesn't waste time getting all technical, but delves into the subject speaking from experience. The chapters are short and to the point, and offer many routes to return to the art of expression through writing. She is colorful and vivacious as the author, and any writer out there is a fool to not read this book! I struggle with writing and reading Natalie's book inspires me to keep struggling to get it right! What good books have you read lately, whether on writing or any other subject?
Oh, Foo, what a wonderful book! One of my creative writing teacher asked me many years ago if I'd read it, because she thought some of my lessons came from it. She gave me a copy as an end-of-year gift, and I treasure it!
I am thrilled there is another Natalie Fan out there! I wonder what other books she has written. I came across her writing through the Internet, and after picking up her book once, I find I cannot put it down! I especially like her chapter on 'Being An Animal,' because it talks of how to get back in touch with our senses, and then to start from there. For the longest time, I carried Natalie's book everywhere! It is refreshing, insightful, and alive and well today! I think more writers should read it! When I finished college, this is the one book I haven't sold to an online book website to make money.
Some books should never be given up!
Thank you for the "best response." It's just the best book!
Hahahaha... I have absolutely nothing new to add to this discussion! Natalie Goldberg's 'Writing Down the Bones' and Stephen King's 'On Writing' are my two absolute most favorite books on writing!
Hi zigzaigbuddha! I will have to read Stephen King's book on writing! I need to freshen up my skills and creativity.
That sounds excellent. Another book I like is Stephen King's book "On Writing" It has many excellent tips and suggestions. I am not a serious writer, but I think I could be someday. I am interested in it. I will look for the Goldberg book in my local library. I recently read a book called Shock by Kitty Dukakis and Larry Tyne.
Good Morning snowy22315! I will have to check out Stephen King's book on writing. Tell me more about Shock.