Donating at Biolife Dangerous?

Good Morning Mylotters! I have been thinking of going back to Biolife ot donate, for we all know how hard times are with the economy. But I had a bad reaction the last few times, so I probably won't. I want to ask if anyone here at Mylot has ever donated plasma, and if they have experienced a bad reaction. The reaction scared the daylights out of me. Is it fair of Biolife not to talk about these bad reactions upfront, when a newbie goes in to donate their precious plasma for the first time? I wonder if biolife could be held liable. Probably not, as donors have to sign something beforehand, but what if someone experiences a reaction s/he cannot recover from?
@ElicBxn (57909)
what kind of reaction did you have? I know when I went to donate 2 units of my own blood in preperation for surgery, they pulled blood out and then put something back in - it made me hot, but they told me it would.
Two months ago I experienced what i think was a panic attack from donating plasma at the Biolife facility, and my own bad nerves. After i donated, i walk over to Walmart to grab a bite to eat in the Subway. I sat down and at my pizza, and then walked back to wait for my ride in front og Biolife. While sitting under the big tree for shade, i felt myself starting to go, like the ground beckoned me. i got scared, so i stood up and went inside the air-conditioned vestibule to wait for my ride. The feeling didn't go away, as i felt i was riding a wave of heat and panic all of a sudden. i then tried to casually stroll to the girl's bathroom, and all of a sudden i could barely stand by the time i got there. i felt out of control like someone had just pulled a rug out from under me, because of the nausea and everything spinning, as i sat on the pot and tried to calm down. i even tried to use the bathroom during!! Didn't go so well! Der. i was scared and scared because my body nor mind could not grasp what was happening to me. i was glad no one else was in the bathroom either to hear me cry and breathe like i had just finished a race. What scares me is i had no control over it. i couldn't do anything about the ends of my extremities feeling like they were getting an acupuncture treatment, and the lower half of my face also. The feeling wouldn't go away, so i let myself succumb and succumb to the bathroom floor. The cool surface of the floor was welcoming as I laid there like that for a few minutes to calm down. If someone would have walked in and seen me laying on the floor like that, I'd be grateful for the help if offered but embarrassed for being in that state, even when I couldn't do anything about it. I don't know why that bothers me, for it's been about two months or so, and a month or so since I quit going to Biolife. I tried to look up online what I thought happened to me, and I came across panic attack, hypovolemic shock, fight or flight reponse, and quite possibly a social anxiety, too, because I tried to run from other's eyes into the girl's bathroom to escape it? I am a people person though. I am hoping someone can tell me what happened or just give advice, medical or otherwise. The whole experience woke me up to how fragile a person is, and my limits. I have also fainted before. What do you think happened to me?
@ElicBxn (57909)
It sounds to me like a panic attack. Maybe you should talk to your GP about it.
I have searched the web looking to see if any one else had, had a reaction similar to me and you are the closest. Mine was not as bad as yours. My first time donating plasma was the worst, I actually continued to get dizzy for three days. While in the chair I got really hot like I was next to a fire hot, then the room started to spin on me (like I was drunk), when I could not get the spinning hot feeling to go away on my own I called for an attendent. they put ice packs on me and talked to me to calm me down. I felt fine when I left, but a few hours later I caught my self struggling to stay concious. The spinning feeling returned on and off for three days. I did try and donate again and the same hot dizzy feeling happened again, but this time it did not last for days, just for a few minutes. does any one know what causes this? I can not seem to find any answers on the web. the closest I get is the definition of a pannic attack. are you able of having one while donating plasma? if you are not nervous going in why would you have one?