Are carrots sweet or bitter to you?

There is an ongoing debate in ou house whether carrots are bitter or sweet. My daughter and I say they are sweet mom and my nephew say they are bitter. So what do you say bitter or sweet?
@GreenMoo (11842)
Carrots are most certainly sweet so I am siding with you and your daughter. That's why babies like them so much.
@LOULOU323 (214)
Sweet,theres no doubt in my mind that they are sugar sweet,and they are good to eat like an apple,and good to have with a salad,we like to have them roasted too,maybe a little garlic on them,then put sweet ptatoes,onions,red and white,potatoes and courgette all in the rosting pan,drizzle with olive oil and season and roast,they are yummy.
@brimia (6584)
I think they're definitely a sweet vegetable. I love carrot cake...I just made one last night.
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
my kids love to eat fresh carrots, especially my 1 year old son. he will go to the kitchen while we are preparing for the foods and if carrot is in the menu, i will give him a small piece of sliced carrot. then he will come back a little later when he finished eating the piece and will ask some more. i am sure that carrots are sweet and if it is bitter, then my kids will not ask for more. (neildc @ red/88/1510)
@Opal26 (17690)
Well, I'm going to have to sweet and not so sweet. I have had some carrots that are as sweet as can be. But, then I have had some carrots that are not so sweet. I don't think I would go as far as calling them bitter. That might not be a good word to use. I do think it depends on they type.
"I go with your daughter.."i mean.. ..hehe.. it is "sweet" in taste..
@y2krimi (134)
I like to eat carrots, so it is very sweet ans testy for me. it also helps me to stay in shape.
Depends on the carrot. The larger carrots tend to be more bitter, to me, and the baby carrots and young carrots tend to be sweeter. I wonder if there's a gene determination, though, that determines how you taste carrots, like there is with cilantro.
@y2krimi (134)
I love to eat carrots so it is very sweet and testy for me. it also helps me to stay in shape.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Depends on the brand. I find the organic carrots have a much more sweet and clean feeling than non-organic carrots.
@maximax8 (28570)
The carrots that I buy taste lovely and sweet. They are of very good quality and still have green attached to the top of them. They are a 'taste the difference' range and they are fairly expensive. I will tell you a fruit I really like but is bitter and that is grapefruit.
@besthope44 (12145)
I love carrots they taste very sweet both as veg and juice