Cat Fancy

Hello! I want to share something special to me with the Mylot community today. My friend from California sent me a postcard. I adore the picture on front of the wold baby tiger, too! She is doing well for herself! We went to Northern Illinois University together. She studied journalism, and I English, but what I want to share is the good news! We both love cats, too! Meow! The good news I want to share is her success as a journalist in posting a video on cat channel. My friend got to interview the caretaker of the San Diego Zoo, and in doing so, she experienced being up close with a cheetah! Isn't that cool? I know I would be nervous if it was me! She aired a clip on the cat channel website, and it is all about showing these beautiful cats to the world. Apparently there are only 130 cheetahs left, given poaching, and a lack of habitat. Not cool! They are wokring at the San Diego Zoo to provide for these beautiful animals, and to conserve them and their slowly fading habitat. The video touched my heart, and I hope it does yours, too. Just check out cat channel, and click on Cheetah Run Safari video. Speaking of cats, there is this household cat that keeps coming around the place I live. He is like the mascot here. I usually invite the catin for awhile, give him some love, and feed him. Then he is outside into the wild again! I would adopt him if I could, but my apartments don't allow it. That's okay, as we still have our special relationship!! You could say I am a cat fan!!
@ElicBxn (60894)
Hobo - He was no beauty, but he was soooo coooool!
I started by feeding Hobo, he turned out to be one of the greatest cats in the world. Watch out! When you move, he may move with ya!
@ElicBxn (60894)
I knew that 130 number was wrong, what the lady said was that their breeding program has produced 130 cheetahs.
Cheetah and Baby - Cheetahs are endangered. They are the most beautiful creatures of God. They are sleek and their running speed is unreal.
I looked at the video's that your friend did and they were excellent. There are part 1 and right under it was part 2. She did a excellent job of them. I love cats both domestic and wild. And I do think that the Cheetah is one of the most beautiful cats there is. The others are beautiful also but the Cheetah is on the very top of the beautiful cat list. Thanks for the wonderful post. It was very informative by listening to the videos that your friend did. Cats are very special animals and when they pick you you might as well right away throw in the towel because they are very persistant animals. Cats are very rewarding to have around even if they do have their independence that they do keep even when someone owns them. That is one of the things I like about cats is their independence. And when they decide they want your attention you might as well give it to them right away because they will keep at you until you do. I had a cat that wanted my attention one time and I was laying on the floor with my newspaper spread out in front of me. I didn't give my cat the attention she wanted and she walked right in front of me turned around facing me and sat down right in the middle of the paper and wouldn't move. By the time she was finished I was howling with laughter. I pushed her to the side and kept reading. I could feel her watching me. The next thing she was right back sitting in the middle of the paper. This happened a couple of more times and finally she walked across my back and jumped over my head and landed on the paper and proceeded to mess the paper up by taking her paws and digging at it. So of course she finally suceeded in making me pay attention to her. The neatest thing was when I picked her up and started petting her she had the loudest purrrrr.