What do you do when you see a Message sent from an Unknown Person?

@poohgal (6848)
Singapore
I am talking about SMS here. Often, I get Messages sent from Unknown People. They mainly come from 3 sources: 1. People whom I do not know at all (They have messaged to the wrong person). 2. People whom I know but for some reason, their numbers are not saved in my phone. 3. People whom I know but whose numbers I have deleted from my phone as I do not consider them as friends anymore. Usually, I will ignore the SMS as I do not wish to reply to people whose numbers I have deleted. However, if I am quite sure that the SMS was sent wrongly to me or by someone I know, I will reply. For the former, I think it's good to reply so that they know they have sent their SMS to the wrong person and can proceed to sending it to the right person. For the latter, I will wish to know who he/she is. How about you? Do you delete such Messages Immediately? What do you usually do?
@kun2349 (23475)
MOst of the time, i will reply to tell them that they have sent it to the wrong person.. And most of my frenz are inside my phone list, unless they changed their number without updating me.. haha But there was one case whereby i keep receving a msg from an unknown number, and i CONFIRMED that the msg was not intended for me, as it mentioned about lecture in NUS.. For the 1st time, i tell the messenger politely that he has sent wrongly.. However the next day, same thing happen again and i told him the same thing again.. BUt so suay, 1 week later, he msg me again and i was so frustrated that i used vuglarities on him and told him in the msg that: Dun think that u NUS student means that your memory is so good that u can afford to memorise all the wrong numbers and disturbed others when warning has been given to u.. LOL ^_^ AFter that, no more msgs from him again.. lol
@poohgal (6848)
That's fierce of you! Thank goodness, I always use the Contact list when sending SMS. I never try to press the number myself.
@kun2349 (23475)
LOL =D Because that's not the 1st time he sent it wrongly to me and i have told him twice b4 too.. haha I dun really use my phone book list of contacts to send MSGs, instead i will press the contact number myself, and if i sedn wrongly, i will send to the wrong number to let them know that i have send to the wrong person and apologize to them.. hehe
@poohgal (6848)
You press number?! Hmm.. chances are high that you may send out the wrong sms. I always get sms/call to me from indian/malay. I think my number is similar to their indian/malay friend's number and they always press wrongly.
@bombshell (11268)
i had that many times got message from unknown sender whe i opened it my computer colapsed so now i learned how to avoid this just deleted it and report as a SPAM!
@poohgal (6848)
Yea. I hate SPAM mails too.
@bombshell (11268)
correct and so far not many since i report as a SPAM
@zeroflashx2 (2491)
Yeah, I received quite a number of text messages whom I don't know or same as you, numbers that I haven't saved on my phone. If it's just quotes, I'll just read through it at least. But when some important text comes in, I try to text back but it is seldom that I load up credits on my prepaid sim card. Majority of those whose numbers aren't saved on my phone but whom I know of, they usually include their name in their message.
@poohgal (6848)
If it's just quotes, usually I just read and delete. I can't be bothered to reply. It's a good habit to include names in messages. I think I should start doing that.
Yeah, it definitely is. Save a lot of time texting back and even trying to figure out who it was. Take care.
I reply and ask who the sender is.. If they sent a message to a wrong number, I would inform them. But sometimes there are people sending whatever message at first then when you reply, they want to be your textmate. That's the time I dont reply.
@poohgal (6848)
Oh.. ya.. I hate those messages too. Those are deleted immediately. Thanks for responding. ^^
@secretbear (19472)
hi poohgal! i usually ignore those kind of messages. if its a message that says hi and the number is not registered in my phonebook, i would immediately delete it. but like you, if its clearly a wrong sent message, i would reply and tell the sender that he/she got the wrong number. if the message would seem as if the sender knows me, but the number isn't registered and looks familiar to me, i would be inclined to think that i have ignored the sender in the past and i probably didn't bother to save the number, so i would just ignore the message. recently there was someone who was sending me sms non-stop no matter how i ignored it. i got so tired of it so i replied using my chikka account. the sender told me he got my number from a money bill. i got so suspicious because i have never written my number on a money bill. that seems like a ridiculous thing to do. i was just thankful that he felt disinterested when i told him that i live so far away from where he lives. i didn't have to lie and be mean.
@poohgal (6848)
What a weirdo. Thank goodness he is not bothering you anymore. Last night, I received such a message and I totally regret replying it as it was from someone I didn't want to keep in touch with. I should have ignore it too.
@razor123 (979)
Well if the message is not meant for me and I'm sure about it i don't care much i just delete it off. I never entertain messages from unknown people o service providers to be very frank.
@poohgal (6848)
Yea. I think I should not entertain such messages too. Thanks for the reply.
@selece (2357)
I read the message first, if it doesn't make any sense or it doesn't have anything to do with me. I ignore it. If it seems really important, I'll reply. In general though, I am considerate when I receive messages from an unknown source. If the person comes with a friendly approach then I would reply, definitely. Usually I keep my contacts intact, so the people I really need or want to talk to are saved on my phone book so I don't usually receive messages from strangers.
@poohgal (6848)
That's good. I've lost my contacts twice before (as I dropped my mobile phone in the water).
• Nigeria
Usually I read the content of the message and see the relevance. Whwre i consider the massage a 'spam' i have it deleted. Occassionally i try to call the nimber of the caller but more often than not it is not rewarding
@poohgal (6848)
Spams are deleted immediately. I will never try to call back. I always have the mentality that if that person really wants to contact me, he/she will SMS me or call me again. I guess I am just too lazy to call back.
@pdexdee (224)
• Serbia And Montenegro
i delete that kind of message!
@poohgal (6848)
Thanks for the response.