Round stairs or normal stairs?

@alpha7 (1910)
France
What type of stair case do you prefer in your house?I personally prefer the round stair case because i believe that in any house that has Children,security should be the most important thing first,if a child falls from a standard normal stair case, there could be more havoc than when he falls from the round stairs where he hold on to something before he gets to the ground.
I love the round case stairs, I like how they look. I can't to one day be able to have stairs period in my home, but I would prefer to have the rounded stair case.
@alpha7 (1910)
• France
Very good,they are less dangerous as well for your Children, compare to the regular stairs.
@devylan (695)
Hmmm... that is an interesting thought. I had never even thought of what would happen if one fell from a normal, straight flight of stairs, versus a fall from a round staircase. I do see where you are coming from, but another thing that comes to mind is the accessibility to the upper floor when moving furniture in and out. It seems to me that it would be easier to move large pieces of furniture up and down a straight staircase, as opposed to a round staircase. Here is an idea for a compromise, though. Why not make a flight of stairs that is straight, but then there is a landing, and then it has a right angle turn to go straight up again. This way, if a child does fall, he or she wouldn't fall down the entire flight of stairs. I would just make sure that the stairs are wide enough to move furniture up and down without getting stuck in the middle where the landing is. Did I tell you I have personal experience with this? Not with building a flight of stairs, but rather with moving furniture up and down said flight and finding out that we had to move our bed through the upstairs bedroom window in the very small backyard. This was precarious, as I'm sure you can imagine.