Christian Terrorist Organizations - 3 in US, 1 in Uganda, and 1 at home

I can't help it; I had to share this. I was researching Islamic terrorist organizations to be sure of a few facts when I was was responding to a Muslim friend's post, and I ran into five Christian Terrorist Organizations. Here is the list: 1. Army of God - These don't mind resorting to force while going against abortion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_God 2. Lambs of Christ - They say they are nonviolent, but one of them murdered a doctor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lambs_of_Christ 3. The Covenant, the Sword, and the Arm of the Lord - Now, what is the sword doing with regard to a religion that preaches love and forgiveness? They believed in white supremacy of all things. Oh gosh, white supremacy!!! Is this group still on, I wonder? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Covenant,_The_Sword,_and_the_Arm_of_the_Lord 4. Lord's Resistance Army - These seem to be in it all - murder, rape, loot (going back to the OT?) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army 5. Nagaland Rebels - They want a religious state of their own. Hope they won't succeed! I would hate to see a broken India. :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagaland_Rebels Now, I hope nobody asks me to make a list of Islamic terrorist organizations. Honestly, those are like the sons of Abraham -- too many to count. Cheers and happy mylotting
I don't know about the others, but regarding the number I am 100% sure that the no 5 is not a Christian organisation. I am from the place and I know what they believe and what they do, and it is absolutely misleading the Naga rebels are Christian terrorist organisation. I have written so much on the issue and in fact if you go to naga websites you will learn that it is not a Christian terrorist organisation. In fact, even the Indian Government does not label the term 'terrorist' to the group, though the term 'militant' is attached. I agree that they unofficially tag themselves with 'Nagaland for Christ', but the group does not have have official endorsement from the Church.
Hmm ... I got the information in wikipedia, and I guess all you have to do, if you are sure of the facts, is go to wikipedia and correct it. Cheers and happy mylotting
I went to the link you gave, but I realised the information given there is not true. Moreover, I think it will be good if we try to do little more research before identifying one particular religion or ideology with violence. Reason is that there is so much of problem already in this world because of misunderstanding. And if we want peace I think it is important to speak the truth. Truth will sometime hurt, but hurting with untruth is rather unfortunate. Blessings!
I don't think I have "hurt" anyone. I provided pointers for people to look it up on their own, and I am glad you have come forward with what you know. The other four are really terrorist organizations, and wikipedia has listed this Nagaland group as a terrorist too. I don't know why it is listed as such, but it is listed. Christians have stopped killing now the way they used to before. Instead, they use sugar coated pills for conversions. The concept of "hell" is explained after the victim has already been trapped. LOL Anyway, India has more problems with Muslims and Hindu fundamentalists than with Christians these days. Cheers and thanks a lot for your insights.
@Harley009 (1420)
All right.... Sons of Abraham :) Have you heard about the Hindu Extremists done against Christians in Orissa before 3 days? They group raped nuns, forced to embrace Hindu beliefs, and tortured them. Are they going to repeat a Gujarat there?
@1grnthmb (2063)
It is a shame what people will do in the name of God. The Army of God has been around for some time. They are the ones behind bombing of abortion clinics and think nothing about killing people to reach their goals. Isn't that against Gods teaching of love and acceptance?
You are absolutely right. Cheers!
@SusanLee (1920)
I don't care what people write. If it's a christian terrorist group then they are not christians. A true born again christian does not do things like that anymore than I believe a true practicing muslim does. Just because someone calls themselves christian or muslim, doesn't make them one anymore than if they called themselves a car or a train or a plane.
The "religion" is pure and good, but the adherents of that "religion" are no good, eh? If you have a chat with these people, they will call themselves "true Christians," even if you insist they aren't. Cheers and thanks for your response.
Honestly, it doesn't surprise me, exspecially the anti-choice group and the anti-choice potesters often get violent (Can someone say irnoy?) Just look at the roman crusades, thousand of men, women and children were kiled just because they dodn't follow the religion their attackers wanted them to. The Christian religion has a blood stained past, I'm just glad that extremeists like that are now a minority.
I too am really glad that such extremists are really a minority. :)
@James72 (26829)
I think that it is a very relevant step you have taken to bring organizations like this to people's attention. Many of us choose to wear blinkers when it comes to acts of terrorism and the immediate assumption is that it MUST be Islam related every time something happens. I live in a predominantly Muslim country and it has been a massive eye opener for me to truly understand the other side of the fence so to speak. Thanks to the media, many of us are far from knowledgeable about the deep reaches of terrorism in this world that are FAR beyond fundamentalist Islamic groups. Zealots are not limited to ANY religion. And neither is hatred or are misguided ideals. Any charismatic person from ANY faith can spur the masses into acting inappropriately. If people were to do their homework as you have done then maybe we could all be a little more understanding, a LOT less judgemental and not jump to instant conclusions. Thank you for sharing these links with everyone.
Christianity has really been depressing to me lately. I thought that crusades and other Christian violence is a thing of the past, and then when I read about Christian terrorism in Nagaland, it really shocked me and disturbed me to the core. And now all these Orissa incidents. It is really depressing. :( Thanks for your response.
@James72 (26829)
ALL organized or "structured" religions have disappointed me for a very long time actually. My tag is Christian but I do not follow this faith buy the book at all. I have chosen to embrace many different ideals from a number of different faiths instead. The mainstream religions are just way too open to misguided interpretations as you have seen yourself.