Skin Care

@jands1 (835)
Over the years people have been devoted, to an almost slavish extent, to caring for the skin to promote personal beauty. This goes back to Summerian times. Wow. I myself spend about 5 hours a week total on my "skin care routine". I do home facials, etc. I have found though, that the more compliments I get on my skin, the more vigorously I work to maintain my skin's current level, or even exceed it. Vanity perhaps? Do you think that we, as humans, are far too concerned with beauty, skin and how the world perceives us?
@lucy02 (5017)
Yes I do. Unfortunately though that's the way the world is. I try hard to improve my skin too. Looks are the first thing people see and I'm afraid we get judged on it. Its not right but not much we can do about it. What kind of home facials do you do?
@jands1 (835)
I understand that this is hardwired into us. It is part of our basic instincts. Just tough to get over sometimes. I do simple facials. Steam Cleanse Scrub Rosemary Steam Mask Tone Moisturize The usual. What about you lucy02?
@lucy02 (5017)
I have recently started using sugar and olive oil scrubs on my face and body. I read about it in a magazine and thought I would give it a try. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I am trying to get into the more natural approach to skin care. Its a lot cheaper and may even be better than some of the expensive stuff. I noticed my generic brand of eye cream has gone up $2.00 so I'm trying to find something to use for an eye cream.
@jands1 (835)
I love sugar scrubs! They are the best. Word of warning: Do not use dark brown sugar. LOL I have not found any product in the last 12 years that works for my eyes.