expectation from childrens...

Kuwait
parents always have high expectations from their childrens...my question to all you people is that...is it right to force childrens to achieve those expectations...what should be done if the child doesn't come up as per the parents expectations?
@spalladino (17926)
I don't believe that parents should set high expectations for their child and for the very reason you stated in your question. What do you do if your child fails? Do you love your child less? Do you put him under more pressure to achieve what you have decided that he should achieve? The only expectation that I feel a parent should have for a child is for the child to do his best always and for him to be respectful. Those are two things that a child can achieve without putting him under a lot of unnecessary stress.
• Kuwait
in my case my childrens are very small at the moment...every parents have expectations from their childrens and i beleive forcing is not the way...answer to your question 1 is first of all i will not force my childrens, if i expect something which is normal i don't think i will fail...or my child will fail to do it...i won't keep big expectations from my children and see how much they are able to do...2 i love my children very much and even though they don't come up upto my expectations i will love them the same...3 i will never pressure them to fulfill my expectations if they are not able to do so...everyone has a limit....if i expect from a dull kid to get 98% in every class...it's foolish to expect that....my expectations for my children will be accordingly...i know how much they can do...i won't ask them or expect from them to do more than their power...i totally agree with you that the expectation a parent should have for a child is for the child to do his best always and for him to be respectful...thanx for your response
@Sreekala (21991)
Each and every parents have more or less expectations from their children. It is vary from parents to parents to adjust with the situation. On the question of forcing, I can't agree. Doing things by force will never success. It is a disappointing situation if the child does not come up as the expectations, but the parents should show the maturity and try to understand what is going on wrong. Spend enough time with them to understand the problems. Each child have some talents, you have to find it out and nurture it properly. Thanks for putting a good question. best of luck.
@makingpots (11922)
My expectations for my child are much more immediate and day-to-day than you seem to be talking about here. I expect him to do his best at what he is responsible for each day, whether that is putting his dinner dishes on the cabinet or painting on his easle. Do I force him to do these things per my expectations..... sure, there is a correct way to handle dishes and we redo sometimes until he gets it right. And while I want him to have fun painting, if he is sloppy and causes a mess everywhere, I will have him clean it up.
@kezabelle (2985)
I dont have ny expectations for my children, I only HOPE that they will grow up healthy and happy with good morals on what is right and wrong, il do my best that that happens but you cant force another person to do anything they dont want to, i think they would just rebel against it which gets no one anywhere. I will always applaude my children for doing their best I dont actually expect them to achieve anything in particular, just that they be happy but I cant even force that on them