Have you been receiving CNN Alert emails? BE WARNED!

@owlwings (40662)
Cambridge, England
I get several of these a day, mostly NOT sent to my real email address but a random one. They appear to come from various people (none of whom I know) and look just like the mail you get if you DO subscribe to CNN. They are quite clever spam because many of the links are genuine but some of them have been hacked to direct you to infected websites which will download a Trojan bot to your PC (if you are not adquately protected). This little program will, in its turn, start sending out these emails either to random addresses or may even use addresses in your address book, if you use Outlook Express or Outlook. http://www.clearmymail.com/press/CNN_News_Alert_Spam_Emails.aspx
@suspenseful (40316)
I got one of them and my anti virus blocked it and it got sent to the email address I use for my news alerts. I usually get email notifications of news and so I thought I had got it, but when I tried to update the flash, it did not work. So far they go to my spam email. I am on a strict budget and cannot afford to get the clearmymail and besides I have had some email that was not spam clearly marked as is.
@owlwings (40662)
• Cambridge, England
If you are using Outlook, Spambayes is a free (GNU license) filter which works very well. It can also be used with other mail clients but will, of course, only work with mail downloaded to your computer by a mail client - POP3 or IMAP - not with web mail. It can be found here: http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/windows.html
@suspenseful (40316)
Thanks for the information and for the best response. I usually do not use my pop mail that much, but there are some spam I get in it so what I do is to delete them. I find that filters do not work, however, as they tried new words.
Oh thanks for the information this is a lot help.