How can I tell if a motherboard is fast enough?

I'm curious about it. What points should I consider in getting a new motherboard? Note: for home use.
@rony1masc (230)
A motherboard is fast enough if it supports ddr2 or latest ddr3. quad core support. sli graphics support. silent water cooled motheboard,etc are the features
@repzkoopz (1895)
well.. if your target is to have a fast computer, then its not just the mobo (motherboard) you'd have to consider. you'll also need to consider the processor, RAM, and even hard disk space. if you have a nice budget, i'd suggest you go for quad core.
@krkchn (160)
If your just a typical user, then any low end motherboard will do. Just concentrate on the other factors like the CPU, memory and video. Those professionals who seek every bit of speed are the people who needs to consider other factors like bus speeds. And to get most of what you pay for, make sure the components are compatible to each other, better yet, optimal.
Hii, I wanna tell you that motherboard is not all behind a fast computer , You must also have a good Ram about 2 or 4 GB, the processors also plays a major part, having Dual core 2 processors is a good option to choose for having a fast PC. Hope this was usefull.
@ishralene09 (2260)
Uhhm. I don't know. Check the compatible processors for it, the format of RAM to be used, check it if still has agp for graphics and check for PCI-e, check bios version and check bus speeds.