This is really annoying

@neildc (17254)
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
I have to credit cards in my wallet. I don't know why I still keep these cards since I cannot use them by now. Both of them went over the limit and I know, I can't pay them anymore. But what is really annoying are the personnel from the law offices and collecting agencies. They keep on calling me. I already told them my situation and tell them frankly, that I have no way to pay the banks. I know they will not stop from calling me, and some still offers me discounted amount to pay them. I can't remember how many people called me, who came from different law offices and collecting agents. They keep changing agents and I guess every month, new person will call again. Some of them even told me that if I can't or will not pay my dues, they will file a complaint in court. (neildc @ red/88/1594)
@ayessa (1586)
That was really bad situation. Its really frustrating and it even adds to the problem the calls that we get from this card company but did you know that the one's who called you were not really connected to any collecting agency but they are only the employee of the credit cards? I knew that cause I have friend who work in a call center of one card company and it is her job to act as an agent of collecting agency. And they will really not stop bugging you until you pay. so better ignore them cause once you mind them it will only cause you headache and some stress too. Forget also about the case they are saying cause they can't really file it.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i know about filing the case, they will not do it for it will be hard for them and will end up too expensive also. but about your friend acting a collecting agent is new to me. i have been ignoring their calls and my colleagues will will receive the calls will give a lot of different alibis just to cut the conversation. but if i am the one that will get the call, it will be difficult for me to just hang-up so i entertain them. but i will just tell them about everything, every reason that i cannot pay.
@ayessa (1586)
It was really hard to be the one who get their calls cause they were keep on asking lots of questions and insist of getting the payments but what can we do if we can't able to pay. I was about to face the same situation as you did now cause I think I can no longer pay my debts to my credit cards. I just hope I can be able to just ignore those calls cause im sure it will cause a lot of stress to me. We'll just goodluck to both of us.
@sudalunts (5526)
They will continue to bother you. The collections agencies have bought your debt from the credit companies, which have written the debts off. They will bug you for six years at least. I know we as people are responsible for our debts, but sometimes things happen out of our control and we are not able to pay. Instead of these companies making it easier for us to pay, they will hit you with higher interest rates and higher monthly payments. If you are in a situation and can not pay the original amounts, how do they think you can pay the higher interest rates and minimum payments. I never can understand that.
Very well. said. But I think you can actually promise to settle a certain amount and that they can actually give you time to pay it. Especially if collection companies have already bought the said debts from your credit card company. That way you won't be blacklisted in the future especially if you apply for other loans and such.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
you are both right. but even how i wish to pay them even with the smallest amount that they were asking for, i really can't promise them that i will, for i really have nothing to give now. there was actually one person that came to my workplace and was almost begging to pay them. but i told him, i can only pay them if my whole family is already gone. if they all lose because of hunger, that time i have nothing to feed but myself. these days are the most difficult time of my life because of all the crisis happening now.
@kenzie45230 (3560)
First the credit card companies call you, then they turn it over to collection agencies and they call. The law allows them to call every day if they wish, at least where I live. Then that collection agency can sell the debt to someone else who can start calling. It won't end until you either pay what's owed or file bankrupcy. Supposedly, credit card debt is eventually erased. But not anymore. Collection agencies that cannot collect sell it to the next one, then they have years to try, then they can sell it. Each time, it's like a new debt.
They're in their right to call. It is a debt that is owed, after all.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i know that and as far as i know, there is no law in our place that barred them to call. and that is what really happens with my account, changing from one collection agent to another and so on. and one personnel from a law of said, as i can recall, "your account has just transferred to us yesterday".
@Theresam (1181)
How much do you owe? My husband and I had over 20k worth of debt that we paid off. I think you need to get second job if you can't pay them. If you bought the items, you legally owe them. Why should you get off paying them. Maybe you can do a payment plan. My husband and I worked very hard to pay off our debts and it saddens me that some people don't take responsibility for things that they have bought on credit.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
of course i am not running off them, i know there is no other responsible for it but me. i always wanted to pay but even with two jobs that i have now, still not enough for my family's needs.
@neilchua (888)
well to be honest with you neildc, i think they do have the right to bother you. in the first place you are the one responsible for maxing out your card. this also happened to my father. my father actually settled it by having this kind of agreement to pay a minimum of 1,000 pesos every month which will not be anymore deducted with interest. well the bottom line is i'm the one who payed for it that's why i really hate using credit cards after then. well, it's a tough situation you're in right now and i can't blame you if you feel that way. but i know you will be able to overcome that. have a good day neildc. wish you all the best.
@neilchua (888)
you may also want to check my discussion regarding credit cards. http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1575928.aspx
@salonga (27963)
So you mean you really have incurred debts and unable to pay? Indeed those agents will not stop bugging you because they will earn commissions from your payment. Well if that is really your debt, I just hope you soon find way of paying whatever is really due. Have a nice day!
@Theresam (1181)
Some good advice rather than techniques on hiding away from the credit card debt.
@dhangski (3194)
Well best, just get the hang of it. They will soon get tired of calling you. That's what happened to my sister. I have a cousin who works as collecting agent. She told us of the tactics that they do. They sometimes disguise themselves as a lawyer. LOL. As for me, I hate being bothered by these people. That's why I don't use credit cards. I just have my debit card which I deposit cash whenever my husband would send me money. In that way, I won't be tempted to have debt. Hope you'll surpass this best. But to be sure just pay yours little by little. HUGZ!
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
that is another added information my best, i never thought they will use that kind of tactic. anyway my best, i know that they will find hard ways to sue me. i read the law that talks about electronic commerce and credit cards. i started researching about it when i first received a letter from a law office and stated there that if i fail, and continue to fail paying the bank, they will file a complaint in court. i can talked to one of my lawyer friend and he said, don't you worry, i will be your counsel when it comes, LOL.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi neil-no-one can get blood out of a stone,,have you tried debt finance agency's? They can help you a lot and also will stop these people calling you as well as going to court..it would be worth giving them a try littleowl
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
there was a letter sent to my address and it was from a financing firm. they offered me half of the original amount of me credit from the bank. that was actually a good offer, but i am afraid to get their offer for i know that that will not totally solve my problem. thank you anyway for the advise, littleowl.
Hi Neil, when go over the limit in your credit card are you making a payment each month the money you owe them? if you are not all then they will come after for the payment, so if they take you to court you can pay the court what you can afford with no interest payment but you will be black listed and won't be able to get any credit any where so my best bet is if they take you court let them, but you will have to pay back in the end. Tamara
@julyteen (13259)
• Davao, Philippines
this is the main reason why i didn't apply any credit card before even BPI advice me to apply because i am qualified. i am afraid of debt. in credit card you can used until you meet the limit. instead of credit card i used my debit card because i am safe and free to debt.
@msedge (4012)
My husband's cousin has the same problem with you.He didn't pay his credit card for about 7 to 10 years i think and yes like you the bank keep calling him every now and then and he is sick of it.Thats why i didnt get any credit card i am scared i would spend alot of it and have a hard time paying.My hubby have but he pays regularly.
@checapricorn (16066)
Hi neildc, ohhh..that is really annoying! I am sure they will not stop calling you when they have the access! How can they force someone when you have nothing to pay! anyway, I hope you will find ways to solve it, a family member who will help or a siblings!
@pehpot (4762)
They will never stop from calling you. They are used to doing that and they are experts in harassing people. They also use bluffing a lot, threatening you that they will put this matter in court etc. or that they will o to your house and harass you telling you that if you will not pay they might as well get your things. They re worse than the credit card companies that you loaned.
@magojordan (3254)
Well I suggest that you pay them already or at least have an appointment with them for you to extend a deadline or something. Doing so could help you not get into more trouble. Save up some money now to pay them because the longer the time you don't pay them the bigger the fee you will have to pay. Hope you will find the answer to your problem. Good Luck