love the summer squash

@savypat (20248)
Well it's mid season for summer squash and I came across a receipe for corn bread and summer squash, of course I changed it but it turned out very good except next time I'm adding chilli pepper. It's just your basic corn meal mix(2 boxes) 2 lbs of shredded summer squash, 1/2 cup cheese. I had a 5 cheese mix, 4 eggs, 2/3 cup cottege cheese, and I added a little water, beat the eggs, folded in the rest put in pan 400 oven for 25 mins. It's good warm, for you new cooks the receipe is in Taste of Home simple & delicious Mag. for Sept-Oct. If you buy that you will see how I changed the original. LOL
@lightningMD (5937)
This sounds really good. Did you use yellow summer squash? We have tons of it in our garden. We also have zuchinni and speghetti squash. I have froze alot of it so far ,but I need some new recipes to use it up.
@savypat (20248)
I used Zuc. but any soft meated squash, not speghetti though.
That sounds very good. We jsut made summer squash last night. It was steamed with green beans and small tomatoes from the garden. We put seasoning salt on it, and it was really good. I liked it so much that I think I am going to try to grow it next year. I like the taste of garden fresh vegetables. Anyway good reciipe.