For Ebay sellers

@LittleMel (14059)
I remember watching on TV something about Ebay reducing seller fee, actually not charging it at all until the items are sold. It's been some time since I put any items on auction, but now I really need to do it to get rid of unused items we found after rearranging our storage. Garage sale is the original plan but then again I also consider selling on Ebay. Now if you are an Ebay seller, is it still profitable for you and are there any changes in terms of fee or anything else that reduce your profit in any way? I mean even if they don't charge selling fee before items are sold, they will still charge you after items are sold so what is your selling experience since then? I am sure it was Ebay rep that I saw on TV but it's been some time I may have made a mistake.
@raven33 (70)
Ebay has reduced the listing fees, but they have more than made up the difference by raising the final value fees (the percentage they take for it selling) on sold items. The rumors are flying about them dropping the listing fees altogether, but I think you could probably expect even higher final value fees down the road if this happens. It can still be profitable to sell on Ebay, especially if you have collectibles that are in demand. Because simply, no where else can you find the traffic and amount of users that Ebay has, although some other auction sites are still doing fairly well. Just do your homework on the items you plan to list and what the expected value is of them, so you can come out ahead and not in the hole...you have listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees (if you use paypal), the increased shipping rates, not to mention gas costs if you'll be running to the post office.
@LittleMel (14059)
appreciate the info so much I'll do the price check before everything else
@myliezl0903 (2732)
hi there littleMel! i used to be a seller in ebay.ph but unfortunately my account has been suspended because of not paying the fee., yes i admit i didn't pay it because during that time i still don't know how to pay it.,i don't even have credit card for me to pay that fees and charges., i was really surprised then when i first started ebay doesn't have any fees for postings but as time goes by i guess that was a months later of selling stuffs,.i just noticed that they already upgrade their website and put fees on items posted in their sites even you didn't sold it.,and for me its kinda a bit unfair to us., cause we were trying to sell something for us to get more money and they'll gonna give you a charges or fees even you it didn't sold on the ending dates., i was kinda disappointed with ebay., and that is one of the reason why i didn't push to sell there.,well there are lots of website that don't collect fees., and one is multiply.com...anyway, have a nice day ahead! see you around! myliezl0903 manila, philippines
@LittleMel (14059)
interesting, so Ebay didn't charge when they started? usually that was just marketing strategy even other business did that they would charge after a while or when their positions are strong enough
@lilaclady (28270)
I haven't been selling on Ebay for some time now simply because I got sick of paying the fees for the things that did not sell, I haven't heard anything about this, I hope it is true i will be interested to know if it is true...
@LittleMel (14059)
I don't see any change on Ebay, but then again it's been some time since I sold anything there so I don't remember what was the policy at the time