Three Wheels On My Wagon LOL

@ellie333 (21029)
I went out for the day with my son yesterday and even though I never use his buggy took with yesterday as I thought he might fall asleep on the train journey home. Arrived at the air show and was pushing him along in his buggy along the see wall where I was going to watch the show when one of the wheels came off LOL, well it was decided at that moment that that was the spot we would watch from. I kept him sta in it so he could see the show and then as unrepairable folded and put into a bin and he walked the rest of the day bless. He has well and truly out grown it now eh! When he was a baby I had one stolen from outside a shop with my shopping in it as I carried him into shop with me as too small to take buggy in so I haven't had a lot of luck with them. So have you ever had three wheels on your wagon of any type? How did you lose one, please share. Ellie :D
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Ellie poor you. It must have been a pain pushing it back to the car. However, I am reminded of my own youth when Good Queen Victoria was still alive. LOL. My friend and I ran a disco - would you believe! We were called RS Disco and operated in the North Oxford area. We had all the gear, lights, turntables, smoke machine and a few records, as in the vinyl type too. We carted all this stuff around in a 1950s Morris Minor. The car was an early one because it had a split windscreen. Anyway, mechanically it was superb. Started second go every time. We were always completely amazed that a. We got the gear in it and b. the stuff never got pinched because the door locks didn't work! One night we were driving back from a somewhat bleak spot named Charlton on Ottmoor near Bicester. The gig had been a youth club where the eldest was about 13. I was a great hit with 12/13 year olds, but it was their big sisters that I really wanted to fancy me. But they rarely did. The night was dark and damp. Suddenly we noticed a wheel rolling ahead and to the side of us and the car "dropped". Yes. the right front wheel had literally come off and we were heading for the verge. It's a long way from somewhere near to Charlton on Ottmoor to Oxford when you are walking. We went back next day and there was a police car there. He helped us load the gear (still not pinched) into my friend's dad's zillion year old Humber and, a garage called to pick up the Morris, we headed for home. RS Disco have not played another gig. No transport see.
@ellie333 (21029)
Sorry I know it probably wasn't funny at the time but to see the wheel go ahead of the car like that must have been funny. What a shame it ended your disco days. I threw buggy away I didn't walk with it at all, he is too big for it really but only took as knew it would be a long day. The funniest thing that ever happened to me was I was driving a van with a side door along the A3 and inside I had a trolley of drinks cans, the door slid open and out jumped the trolley wheeling its way along the hard shoulder of the A3 before hitting the verge and sending the cans cascading down the bank, oops. I pulled over and spent about half an hour picking them all up, giggling at the time as it could only happen to me, luckily it went the hard shoulder way and didn't cause any incident. Ellie :D
@p1kef1sh (45640)
It's funny now Ellie. But I don't think that we laughed too much at the time! Your soft drinks cans adventure sounds a nightmare. You were lucky they went that way. When you sold them later did you warn customers that their drink might be a little shaken!!!
@ellie333 (21029)
A lot didn't survive but I did have to explain why I was late on my round so they bought the unpierced ones at their own risk. Ellie :D
@mands61123 (2098)
aww bless nope not had that happen to me hun you must have we=ire it out with all that walking lol i can't believe someone would steal a babys buggy
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Mands, People will steal all sorts these days, they probably got a fiver for the buggy and a bag of food to eat and a couple of spare nappies and wipes from what I can remember. Their need was obviously greater, I got given another buggy to use by a beighbour so wasn't too drastic. Ellie :D
oh well that wasn't to bad then that was nice of them
Hi ellie, Thata one way of getting rid of it, no I've never had anything like that happen to me. But at least you enjoyed the day. Would you be getting another buggy? Lover & Huggles Tamara
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Tamara, Oh no I won't be getting another one, h hasn't used it for about a year or so but I have taken it with me on occasion if I know it is going to be a long day so I can push him home if he falls asleep but he'll just have to stay awake now LOL. Ellie :D
@jillhill (37383)
NOt on a buggy but on my old lawn mower....everytime the neighbor would put a new one on...another would fall off.....so I started hiring my lawn done! I got sick of dealing with repairs! LOL
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Jill, Yes I guess hired help was a better option in the end eh! Ellie :D
@maximax8 (28559)
This summer I took my toddler son to Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. His pushchair had much to put up with going up stairs, getting up onto trains and down from them as well as going over cobbled streets. Tallinn capital of Estonia was full of cobbled streets and the pushchair's wheels got weaker and weaker. We got a bus to Parnu and went to the tourist information to find out about accommodation. They suggested a guest house and without many street names is was challenging to find. I had a map and I had to guess some names. One of the back wheels of the pushchair snapped off. Oh my! It was extremely difficult to push it with all our luggage as well. I just couldn't find the guest house and was close to tears when a local lady helped us find the guest house. We checked in and walked to the beach with the pushchair moving on just two wheels on the left side. I asked two local mums which shop sold pushchairs. They told me the name of a department store. However it was on three different sites and it took me ages to track down the baby equipment in it. I asked to see the cheapest pushchair and I said "yes please I will buy that one" and they kindly binned my broken pushchair. You have had bad luck with push chairs and getting one stolen must have been very upsetting. Good luck Ellie. Maxine
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Maxine, Yes I have but never in a strange country laden with luggage and I thought yesterday was quite amusing as the back wheel rolled out in front of us along the sea front, yours was more physically and emotionally exhauting. Thank you for sharing. I admire you so much for travelling like you do with a little one. Ellie :D
That sounds like the title of a country song. Three wheels on my wagon One's gone but not forgotten She held me like my daddy And now they're both in heaven
@ellie333 (21029)
LOL That is why I titled it that as it reminded me of the song when the wheel fell off. Ellie :D
@checapricorn (16066)
Hi ellie, ohhh...I have not tried this! But, in public, I have seen babies crying since they are not comfortable..lol, anyway, it depends maybe on the way mom will comfort! wow, he was such a good boy!
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Checapricorn, I do have a very good son compared to soe his age I have seen but he does have his moments believe me LOL. Ellie :D
@tessah (6621)
just a horrible horrible day.. it was snowing wicked.. and back then it was just me and my oldest by ourselves. we needed to go to the store, run some errands.. and they werent things that could be put off until the weather cleared up. the sidewalks were covered and unuseable.. the streets werent much better.. but along we went using her stroller as a halfassed plow through the snow. of course.. with cars wizzing by not caring we were there.. one of the wheels came off.. and plunk we went into a snowbank. she was much too little to walk.. so i wound up having to carry her on my hip across town to do the things we had headed out to do and back again to get home.
@ellie333 (21029)
Oh Tessa it makes my three wheel moment nothing at all, which in fact it wasn't as he doesn't need a buggy anyway. That must have been awful for you I bet your back was aching big time by the time you did eventually get home. Ellie :D
@raydene (9875)
Hi Doll, It sounds like you had a very nice day. It is bittersweet to have our kids grow up. I have lost a wheel on a stroller and fixed it with a paperclip I happened to find on the street in front of a lawyers office! oxxoxoxoxoo
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Raydene, A paperclip, wow that was ingenious, this one couldn't be fixed as the moulded rivet had broken so he will have to walk from now on and I will get fit arm muscles carrying the shopping LOL. Ellie :D
@gemini_rose (16193)
LOL those things can be a pain, we have had two where we have lost one of the wheels off it. Both on the same child too! My third son was in a pushchair the longest, my other three children were all out of a pushchair by the age of 2, my third son however was in his until he was over 3! The first pushchair that I bought for him was one of those three wheeled ones, they had not long been out and I was determined to have one. Only the one I got was duff and the back wheel kept coming off, I took it back and they replaced it for a new one. So I was doing my shopping, I had my eldest son, then my next son who was 1 and a half and then my third son who was a baby. I was in a shop when all of a sudden the back wheel of the new pushchair went rolling past me! Next min the whole pushchair just tipped over! The next time it happened was while we were on holiday, he was older then perhaps about 2, different pushchair but again a three wheeler, and again the back wheel came off and went rolling down the road in front of us!! Needless to say, I never bought a three wheeler again.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Gemini so your three wheeled wagon became a two over and over again eh! Well I won't be buying another as he far too big really but they come in handy to help put the shopping in when walking back from the shops eh! Oh well weightlifters arms from now on. LOL. Ellie:D