Gone so fast

@know21 (1251)
Does summer time just seem to fly by so fast for you? It does for me; it seems its just began, and before you know it. Its all over with. Were in the middle of August all ready, and another month were almost talking the beginning of fall. Where does the time go?
@wolfie34 (26793)
The trouble is because we haven't had much of a Summer here in the UK, all it does is rain in August it feels like autumn already because it's autumnal weather! Our summers are very short because we may get a week or so of hot weather then suddenly it ends as quick as it started. Time always goes so quickly anyhow and already the nights are starting to get dark and it only seems like five minutes ago when the clocks were changed! It is scary that time goes so fast and we are nearly at the end of 2008 once August goes.
@mysdianait (64058)
If it's any consolation summer missed us out here in Italy this year too. We usually get three months of sun with rain barely forecast. This year was the opposite. Rain since May and an occasional hot sunny day - oh the times they are a-changin'
@skenthal (1022)
• Turkey
time flies when you are having fun. summer always goes fast cuz pretty much everyone dreads fall - either because schools open or because the weather gets bad. i havnt even gone anywhere this summer so you would think i d be bored but its gone by so fast and i cant believe September is right around the corner. more importantly doesn't feel like just yesterday when we celebrated the new year? its been 9 months almost!!! and 2009 is right around the corner.
@know21 (1251)
June and july go by so fast, and before you know its august; and football is just starting. Back to school commercials are being seen on TV, Where does the time go?
@skenthal (1022)
• Turkey
thanks for the best response
What a strange phenomenon it is! Since I'm a teacher, summer is the end of one school year to the beginning of another. We didn't have summer school this year because there wasn't enough in the budget, so, for the first time I can remember, I had the summer off. Wow! I'm going to try to budget so I have all my summers off. Anyway, school ended June 6, and we went back August 12 (the kids come back August 18). We were all talking about how it felt like we were just here yesterday! Things are pretty much as they were. Living in Miami makes the summer thing difficult, too. We had three chilly (relatively) days this past year. The rest of the time, it's hot and sunny, with early morning or late afternoon rain. It's hard to know what time of year it is. I went to New York once, to see what winter's like. I'll take sand over snow any time!
@know21 (1251)
Kids go back a little earlier there then they do here. I don't think they go back intil September here. But then again they also go a little later in the summer time too. I think around until the middle of june.
@hezoid (2149)
It never really started over here in the uk! We've had the odd nice sunny day, but mostly during the week when i'm at work, but not something you could really call summer. Now that we're into August all we've had is rain, rain, and then a whole load more rain. I don't think the uk has a summer any more.
@shamzy18 (2319)
yes summer is like already gone half way through august only like a month left and then back to university! it went by so quick im thinking i should have done more useful things with it!!