Would you participate in a Game Show for charity?

I have been away from MyLot for a while now trying to construct the final pieces of my business plan and launch event for CharityWalker. I've decided to come on here and ask how many of you would pay $30 to have a buffet-style dinner and watch a Game Show if the cause was for funding a website that helps raise funds for other charities. In brief, CharityWalker is community based website that acts as a national charity team that partipates in various walks across the United States. With your ticket price, you would enjoy the game show and also have the option to enter your ticket in the chance to be on the Game Show. There would be 4-5 game shows during the 5 hour night. The profits from the night would be used as money to help fund all expenses related to CharityWalker, as there is no loan or government grant used for the start up. The game show is a game show in which participants will be "flipping over" certain numbers on a game board that will reveal either a prize (from sponsors) or a "lose it all". Participants are able to give up whenever they want or they can keep trying to accumulate prizes, however, they can lose it all (obviously when that is flipped over). The ultimate goal is to be the last one standing to win the Grand Prize. This is not a soliciation of any sort, I am merely trying to plan ahead financially. The cost associated with this event is a very high upfront cost and I just want to know how many would actually participate in something of this sort. Please respond if you can, it would be so greatly appreciated!
@penny64 (1106)
Wow! You are coming on very nicely with your plans for CharityWalker. It is very impressive. I would probably go to something like that if I could organise a big group of people to go together. It sounds like fun, and would be great for a group of work colleagues or a sports club. Perhaps you could approach people who can easily organise groups. Singles clubs might be interested too - it's a fun, harmless setting for people to meet each other. Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement! I think it would be a lot of fun, which is why I'm going to spend so much in underwritten costs (costs before profit is made). It's not your typical fundraiser, and I am trying to get a lot of media attention. The problem I'm having is finding a venue that will be good enough and not cost me $15,000 to rent.
@penny64 (1106)
Yes, I've been through this too. If you can get someone with a venue to sponsor you, that would be ideal (or of course, get someone to sponsor the rent on any venue). Another possibility is to hire a big tent and seating, and rent a park. Circuses do it, and it works for them. I've also seen theatre done very successfully that way. I wish you every success. It's great that you are getting media attention - that's one of the hardest hurdles to overcome!
@berrys (865)
I would participate in a game show for charity. Just on you brief explanation, your game show does sound quite interesting and I think could make big bucks as a reality show. However I highly doubt that you should have a buffet dinner and a game show because most people they would like to site an enjoy the show as an audience OR go to a buffet dinner with a couple of friends or family where they can sit down and talk. cause generally when you mention dinner or any meal chit-chat's involve. But overall I think its great that your trying to help out the less-fortunate.
@Anne18 (11036)
I would participate in a game show for charity but it would have to be a charity that i thought was worthly of me taking part in the game show, ie a cancer charity or children's charity. I wouldn't ake part if it was for an overseas charity 9I'm in UK)