Selective hearing?

@marciascott (25557)
Don't you hate people like that they hear what they want to hear. I have a Brotheraw that is like that, he pretends he can't but some things he does hear. we got in a discussion and he was asking me something he heard everything I said, then all of a sudden he tells me oh, I can't hear you, he heard me all alright! He just didn't want to hear what I was saying. you ever get people like that? know one time or another it has happened to you!
Alot of people have selective hearing and tune us out. It's when they twist things around and blame you for things that bothers me.
@marciascott (25557)
Yes they hear what they want to hear!
@SwtJenlove (1090)
OMG! you have no idea how aggrivating that is!! hahaha!! My fiance does that to me from time to time and i about go crazy. NOW if i was to do that to him.. oh boy would i get an ear full because he has to repeat himself My kids try to pull it on me too but i get them back and they get sooo mad HAHAHA!!
@coffeebreak (17820)
Completely and totally people can practice selective hearing. Remember that old saying "people only hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe". So so true. If you are talking and the person has something else they want to think about or would rather think about as opposed to what you are talking about - they are going tune you out - maybe not knowingly or purposely, but tune you out just the same nad think about what they want to think about. That "saying" when you are talking to someone and they obviously are not listening and you say "hello - earth to marciascott" or something like that - they've tuned you out!
@marciascott (25557)
Yes, you are right about that! I am laughing right now at waht you said. you are about right though1 lol. lol.
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
I know what you mean, people like that can be quite frustrating to deal with.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I have the same problem with my hubby, he has selective hearing and only hears what he wants to hear. Usually he hears anything that involves him or money! I got so fed of it that I started to do it back to him, just to see how he likes it. He did not and so started to listen to me a bit more!
i think anybody that has a teenager in their household suffers the annoyance of "selective hearing" instances lol! or for that matter a husband i imagine..never been married myself but a couple of ex's suffered from this affliction very often it seemed! the 13yr girl in my household has recently begun trying this tactic. its annoying as hell, causes arguements that get her in more trouble than if she had just listened in the first place. im thinking there should be some kind of surgery to fix this problem. LOL!
@JoyfulOne (6243)
Yes, I know a lot of people that way, mostly kids, although I do know some adults who do it too. I think that for some people it's just a way of avoiding what they don't want to hear or acknowledge. It does drive you nuts though doesn't it?! lol
@marciascott (25557)
YES jOY YOU ARE RIGHT! hOW ARE YOU? i HOPE YOOUR DAY WEL WELL!
@JoyfulOne (6243)
Hi Marcie, doing great, almost done with my painting project. Today I'm thinking the little dog has a selective hearing problem, I shoo'ed her away from my paint and she has a green spot on her white fur lol. Coffeebreak, boy you got that right!! I think that kids not only have selective hearing, they must also have radar on top.
@marciascott (25557)
Yes I guess pets can be like this too, pretending they can't herar or either that are sturborn. LOl. And Coffebreak what come out of mouths of babes. yes they are raelly smart. I want to thank both of you for responding. And you both have a great day, I have to go out and pick up my Avon Orders.
With me, even though my wife says it's selctive hearing, mine is the fact that I can only do one thing at a time. It is difficult for me to listen while doing something else. that is why when she starts talking to me I turn off the tv or the computer so I can give her my undivided attention. Sometimes it just takes me a few minutes to process the information. :)
@marciascott (25557)
That's right don't neglect her when she is trying to talk to you. LOl! When we are on the omputer we hear nothing, I know I don't.
@riyasam (16582)
he he.i know what you are trying to say.i often try to do it to my kids,but it often backfires on me.sometimes my hubby is so irritating that i pretend i have not heard.and he does the same to me(that time i forget practising self control lol)
That is unholy pretensions on his part..I can assume that he could hear well, not with any hearing deformities.. Certainly it will be a only a matter of time FOR ME..when i will ask him straight on face..why he behaves like that..and marcie you have a great adaptability even to those kind of persons also.. Great trait.