A sad story...............................what would you have done ?????????????

A man was washing his car when he saw his son scraping on the car with a stone. Angrily he started beating his sons hand many times,unknowingly he had a wrench in his hand.He took his son to the hospital and there he lost all his fingers,With painful eyes the son asked his dad " Dad when will my fingers grow back ?". Full of regret and remorse father went home, later he found what his son was writing on the car "LOVE YOU DAD".The next day he committed suicide. Sorry i posted such a sad story...........So what would you have done ?????????
@bonbon664 (3470)
I wouldn't have posted such an obviously unbelieveable story. This story sounds totally ridiculous to me. Well, there was a reason for that...it's phoney! http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/fingers.asp It's been a hoax for years.
@myklj999 (16940)
Thank you bonbon; I didn't even bother to check due to the fact it was so obviously untrue...
i hope you know that posting links isnt supported here
@myklj999 (16940)
Posting links is permitted under myLot rules. This is directly from the myLot guidelines: "Make sure to post useful links in discussions when necessary to provide authoritative guidance or to refer to a third party article" http://www.mylot.com/o/guidelines.aspx Maybe you should follow this link and brush up on the guidelines some.
@myklj999 (16940)
Why was he washing the car with a wrench in his hand? I think you need to practice on your story-telling skills before you try this again.
@shooie (4986)
and yet we respond to the dumb discussions instead of ignoring...shame on us.
This not just for you but for all the people who dont go with this discussion. I dont go surfing the net tryin to find stories that i could make money out of. some say its not real..... who cares if its real even i dont know i juz came to hear this story and thought it conveyed some good messages and so i wanted to share it with you people. if you want real stories y dont you read the newspaper or sumthin. If you really didnt like this discussion the best thing would hav bin to not respond.
@myklj999 (16940)
No, the best thing would have been for someone not to post this as thoughg it was true. As I said before: why was he washing a car with a wrench in his hand? You now have other people thinking this is a true story; you could at least say something about "this isn't true, but it has a good moral". I never said you went searching the web for anything at all. I just said it's not a true story and someone needs to practice on their storytelling skills. Sorry if you're offended by truth.
Sounds to me like the dad there did the right thing. I am good with his choice. The boy loved his father, but the father would have caused him with his temper a lifetime of abuse and pain, rather than taking himself off this Earth. This child will need MUCH help to grieve and..everytime he looks at his hand he will be reminded. Hopefully in time he will find a better environment with NO abuse. What wuld I have done..placed the dad in prison. But since he saved us the effort..works for me!
what did you mean that he did the right thing in the beginning or in the end ?????????????????????
Og course..I meant the dad did right by ending his life. I did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday. He was NOT washing the car wiht a wrench. he was actuvely beating this child and the child is maimed. This father had ..juts a rotten temper. The child is better wiht him gone and not beating him more.
@sumiirajj (1983)
I wouldn't have hit my son so harshly ,but I would have advised him not to do that again and car is so expensive and I had to work very hard to buy an expensive car.Bcoz children are not aware and we have to educate them and no use of hitting the small children.beautiful story.....this tells us to think before we punish children.
thanx !!!!! after so much sarcasm i got another supportive response. I think you hav understood what it is meant through this story.
@insulin (2483)
That is totally a sad story and as a parent,beating your child is really not a good way to discipline..No matter what he destroyed ur tear up,it just a child and it just need to be advice or say what is write or wrong..My mom and dad never hurt me so far and I can really tell that I am a naughty child when I was a kid.When I got a mistake,my mom will have temper for a while but then she will talk to me seriously and tell that its wrong and then everythin will be alright.You don't need to hurt your love one.words will be fine.God bless and have a nice day
@bonbon664 (3470)
It's not a true story people!!
just forgive him. Every Children has it's fun to do it. If you mind that just tell him you are not like him destroy your work.
• Nigeria
appology, i will beg my son and make him understand why i reacted in that way,
@roanne05 (1292)
• Oman
I've read story somewhere...it is a sad story and has a very important lesson to learn. make sure not to be overcome by anger. words said and things done are irreversible.
• Brazil
children need love... this man has mental problems, to made this...
@Tanewha (69)
Beating children for whatever reason is just plain wrong. Placing more importance on any posession than your own child is evil. Cultures that encourage such evil should be dragged into the modern world.
@metschica25 (5407)
Oh gosh Is this a true story . If so poor little boy ! Kids do all sorts of things like that and you have to teach them what to do and what not to do . If it is wrong you tell them but not in that abusive way . what that man did was sick and he clearly had issues . taken his life ws extream tho !
Is that a true story? Sounds like an urban legend to me!
@rjyuggy (102)
is this story a real deal or just a fictional story from you imaginative idea? Anyway, past is pass, but it's something you will regret the whole time you see your son's hand without finger. Actually, I am touched with this story and while reading this, i started to cry, hehe. Maybe the lesson you may learn with this story is ''words is powerful than violence'' we should speak first before any harsh action!
@nickventere (1424)
• Zambia
Very interesting anecdote. I think the moraql here is that patience pays. It is best to be patient with ourselves and those around us. It is ideal to be slow to anger. Finding the cause or background of something would provide best steps for us to go about our reactions.
my god. I feel sad to it.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi muralil, This is such a sad story, and shows what anger can do to us. Many people are prone to a quick temper and regret it after a few minutes. I'm sure the father didn't realize that he had the wrench in his hand until it was too late, and then felt very sorry for what he had done, The fact that his son still loved him must have been more than he could take. It's sad that the father decided to take his own life as now the son is left without a father who very likely had learned from his mistake and would afterwards been a good father. A very sad turn of events, but I can understand that the father would have had a real problem living with the fact that he had been the cause of his son losing his fingers. I am not judging the father, many people have terrible tempers that they can't seem to control, and are later filled with remorse, I feel sadness for both him and his son. Blessings.