Women who have friends live longer.

@freedomg (1684)
This simple concept has been proven true by several different agencies. Sounds great too unless you are like me. I have only two female friends that aren't online and I rarely see or speak to the off the net. So does this mean I will have a shorter life span then I could. should we as women strive to try and spend more time with other females even though we have very busy lives at home?
@ZephyrSun (7387)
I'm wondering if because when you have friends you can vent about life's stress and that will inturn reduce blood pressure ect ect. I hope that the report didn't say female friends because I don't have any female friends lol. All of my offline friends are male and most of the people online that I talk to are male. I think that we need to have friends, but I don't think it really matters as to their gender.
@freedomg (1684)
That theory makes sense. I would probably be healthier if I could vent to someone besides my pillow. Here is one story on this : http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/11/1092102529636.html I'll let you decide how you think it should be taken. I don't believe in adding my two cents in before you are given a chance to form your own opinion. Though it does offer information to support some of your theory.
@ZephyrSun (7387)
It seems, but it also sort of adds in the whole comfort. Women comfort women better than men do. I don't know if I agree with this wholly. I have only had a few women friends and then are so mean compared to men lol. My best friend is a man and when my husband and I have problems I can ask him where my husband is coming from and let him help me understand my husband's position better. Could I show up at his house and cry on his shoulder? Probably as long as I had planned it out since he lives in California and I in Ohio lol. Plus I don't have to worry about him sleeping with my husband lol. I think that the article made a broad generalization with women and men, in my relationship I am the stand offish one and my husband is all open wants to share feelings and those sorts of things. I think that you have to be happy with the friends that you have whether their gender is the same or different, and if you friends don't really seem like friends than people should find new ones.
@freedomg (1684)
Wow extremely well put. I could never have a male as a really close friend because my hubby would freak, but you are right that women can be a lot meaner than men. But I can see where you are coming from. Thanks for a really great post.
@bjcyrix (6857)
Hiya, I do think that people who have friends live longer. It doesnt necessarily mean though that only women who have friends live longer. Men might also live a lot longer when they have friends. If and when we live long really would depend on the quality of life that we have. I guess its just a matter of prioritizing. Of course we would always put family in the top list and friends or social interaction with others would be somewhere in the middle but depending upon us. So I say that taking care of our families is good but its also nice not to forget to take care of ourselves from time to time.
@freedomg (1684)
Thank you for the wise words. I can see where men can need to have friends as well. Now if I could only get my homebody of a hubby to make a few.
@bjcyrix (6857)
hehe, you're welcome and goodluck!
It does not mean especially for women, and is applicable for men too, because it is only with our friends we interact and share all our stress and strains of every day life.. and gets holistic ideas for solving the problems which we face on day to day basis. Naturally when we are tension free, the longevity of life span is increased..
@freedomg (1684)
Thank you for the post. I do see that men would benefit as well though I wonder why most of the research I have seen seams to focus more on females. Happy posting.
@NrgDfenZ (1810)
• Belgium
I think they live longer, because they are happier and have less worries.. I am no MD or so :D But I think it is something like that.. Could be true, or could be wrong.. Have a good day..
@freedomg (1684)
Thanks for sharing. This could be a factor. I want to know how one could test that theory. It would be very interesting I think.