Help! My Dog Has Household Aggression.

My dog has recently decided he is the alpha of the house and I am looking for training solutions. Currently, I am trying a whistle in my dog's aggresive moments but could use any advice. Has your dog taken over the house and you have succeded in regaining master status? If so, share your wisdom.
My dog is just about 1 yr old, and yes he has thought he was the master of the house. I am not sure what your dog is doing, but our vet told us, that if he exhibits the aggressive behavior to hold him down into submission. He said it wont hurt him, and he will submit. I found this difficult to do at first. He is a rather large, and strong dog, but since I am the one that is home with him most of the time, with the kids I had to do it. It wasnt easy, but every single time, I held him down, and he would struggle, and you really have to hold and tell him no or stop in a very firm voice. He did submit, and after a few times he now knows, he is not the master. I still want him to be able to play, have fun and be a dog, so he also learned when I pull up on the front of his collar it means he needs to sit and stop what he is doing. He is getting much better.
Since he was still a puppy, it worked well. We did what our vet told us too, and it worked. If he had bit me, I would have had to make him more submissive, not let him get away with biting me.
Try to tie hi up and kick his as*s 100 times.. I did the same to mine..and now he behaves best
@auntiedis (165)
You have got to gain back your alpha status, and fast, or it will snowball. I would suggest seeking help from a professional, but if you can not, try rolling him over on his back, and getting down on all 4s on top of him until he relaxes, and then praise him. This is how dogs show alpha status to each other. If you fear he will bite you, then by all means, please do not do this. Seek the help of a professional.
@gwoman2 (712)
Hi granite_butterfly, Does the dog respond positively to the whistle? watch the Dog Whisperer...seriously... Best of luck:-) ~G~