Original movie scripts..

@NrgDfenZ (1810)
Belgium
Hi all Do you also think that there aren't any original movies anymore ?? I believe that almost every movie that is being published these days, is in some ways a rip-off from other movies.. Some are bigger rips than other, but still almost no movie is original anymore.. Ty
Nope, not in Hollywood anyway. I think they are lacking some serious creativity right now. Maybe a dry spell or something. I like watching a lot of indie movies because they still are about being artistic. Most of today's movies are remakes and that needs to change. I've seen some good remakes, but how about something a little different, you know?
@philjas (1134)
There are definitely too many remakes and there's a growing trend to remake movies that are only 20 or 30 years old to begin with. If they have to remake movies, they could go WAY back to early films, silents for example, and remake those, it would be far more likely that people haven't seen the original. We just don't need a remake of Halloween or Hairspray or Nightmare on Elm Street, the originals are "new" enough and good enough.
originality is a hard commodity to find and even worse to promote. I don't think it is the lack of talent for the film makers or the writers, I just think the production companies are afraid to let something new get out into the vicious open market. Another huge reason for the lack of new content is that there are millions, heck, billions of films in existance. If you want something that is different than the rest, check out SLC punk or maybe eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. These are two very good films that are definitely not rip offs.
well i don't think so ... there are many original movies out there which are worth watching. try searching such movies on the net you will find dozens...