Have You Ever Been Stung By A Bee?

@Chevee (5915)
When my daughter was a little girl she got stung by a bee ( a yellow Jack), and my Aunt dips snuff, reached into her bottom lip and got some snuff and paste it on the bee sting, if it helped I don't know, but my daughter would not go over to her house anymore. I have a sister that is in her 50s and she got stung by a bee last year and she said that was the first time in her life she had ever been stung by a bee. Have you ever been stung by a bee? Bees are on my mind because....I am looking at the sci-fi channel, and the name of the movie is Black Swarm, it is about bees taking over a town.
@palonghorn (5485)
I remember being stung once when I was much younger. And I got stung last summer, while at work. I work for the forestry and we were clearing over-hanging branches from one of our access roads. Me and another guy was pulling the limbs off of the road and into the woods. He had just walked where I was headed, only I stepped into a ground wasp's nest.......who knew they had ones that lived in the ground in the Northeast! Anyway, by the time it was over, didn't take me long to get back out on the road and head away from that area, I was stung well over 100+ times. Mainly on my arms, legs, back, and a few on my upper chest area. I immediately left the job site, radioed into our district office and headed for home. I have never felt anything that painful in my arms. They ached all the way home, about a 45 minute drive. Luckily I was not allergic, we were a good 6 miles into the wooded area, and had I had an allergic reaction, it would have taken at least 45 minutes to an hour to get anybody there. Just part of a days work,lol. I took benadryl when I got home and used some anti-itch, deadening cream on it.
@Chevee (5915)
I know that was painful, happy you came out okay. 100 + a lot of stings.
@checapricorn (16066)
Hi Chevee, I have not tried that..But, when I was a kid, we always find spiders..lol! and we will chase them in the grasses following their web!
@valeria1 (2723)
Not by a bee but I have been stung by wasps and I tell you nothing is worst than that, you start to burn. Not only that I am alergic so imagine what I went through! The above experience is enough for me, I do not want to be stung by anything ever again! LOL
@sunnflr (2767)
I've been stung plenty of times by bees and yellow jackets. My great Aunt used to do the same thing with tabacco. I think it's supposed to take some of the sting out or something.