Freecycle

@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I've heard a lot about this site, but not a lot at the same time. I was wondering if anyone's ever gotten anything off of it. It looks like a search engine, and I see a bunch of links with "free" in front of it. Am I using the wrong url type? Is it a .com? .org? I would really like some opinions on this, because I wanted to look at the site, but i'm getting a search engine. Is that what I am supposed to be seeing?
@cher913 (25889)
i would try freecycle.org because it really is an organization. not every local has one and if yours doesnt, you could think about starting one! i have gotten rid of stuff through freecycle and got a few things there, but you really need to be on your email all the time (for new announcements) and have access to a vehicle (to pick it up).
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
So it's a .org? Okay I got it, and yay I don't need to start my own group. My county is very small so I thought I might, but there's one already started! I appreciate the response!
@kaysue4 (951)
Freecycle is a Yahoo group, so look up freecycle in yahoo groups and then look for your location. I LOVE Freecycle and ReUseItNetwork. I get rid of some many things that I did use for so long and then I have received things that I have been looking for, but can't afford to buy. I have even gotten a fridge and washer and dryer for my son-in-law years ago when they moved up here for a while. You also meet some really nice people that are in the groups. There is also another group, but not everywhere, called Plantcycle. I have my own Plantcycle group were we exchange seeds, or even plants throughout the year. So, look under Yahoo Groups: http://groups.yahoo.com/?ch=web&pub=fp-us&t=fp&sec=link&slk=defaultrough
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Okay, I got it. Just waiting for the moderator to accept, which should be soon, small county and all. Okay, plantcycle? Hmm, maybe i'll do that, but not sure, don't have any to really cycle. I hope you have a wonderful and lovely day.
@kaysue4 (951)
Yep, Plantcycle is on the concept of Freecycle, but for plants. I started the group in my area and I also send out tips and tricks for in the garden and plants in gerneral, even composting. If you don't have a Freecycle in your area or even a ReUseItNetwork, ask the main Freecycle and ReUseItNetwork if you can start in one in your area. That is what I did, so I have Plantcycle and ReUseItNetwork. Also look in your phone books to see if you have a place called Re:Store. It is a store that sells things from houses before they were torn down and also donated items and then they resell the items and all of the proceeds will go to building a Habitate Homes in the area. There is also a thing called Re:Create and that is items that are free to reuse if you need them. Things very much vary for what they have. I have been going over to see if they get any 3-ring binders back in for my son to have for school.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Okay wow, I'm glad you gave me all that information. I appreciate it as well!