how often do you look at the clock when you work?

i have a habit of looking at the clock about 10 to 20 times a day. i learned about this when a friend of mine called my attention as to giving a bad impression because of this. though i know that this wouldn't entirely bother the others, i started to lessen my peeks on the clock. most of the time, i do it when nobody's looking. how about you? do you watch the clock as much as i do?
@mapi26 (549)
i don't think i would term it as a habit for me since i work infront of the computer & this means i can't help cheking the clock. aside from that the phone that i use which is in my desk has a digital clock too. so for me that more than 20 times of looking at the clock.. LOL.
hi mapi. i see many people here in mylot work in front of the computer like you. do you sneak on mylot while you work too? or is it even allowed where you work? thanks for sharing. good day!
@mapi26 (549)
browsing in non-related websites are infact prohibited in my line of work. we're not that busy lately so i still manage to sneak in. i know that's bad but what am i supposed to do in such situations..? i'll die of boredom. so lately it's like going to work here in mylot. LOL. i keep myself busy instead of sleeping -- that of course is not acceptable here compared to browsing.
i see. i hope you don't get caught if that will affect your status in your work. i've been addicted to mylot and many times i look froward to after work so i could immediately post and discuss here. more posts!
I work infront of a PC and I can view the clock at all times. It is important as I need to go for break as the scheduled time and also for lucnch. Most of all when it is time for me to know off I will be watching the clock very closely.
@sudalunts (5526)
When I was working, I would look at the clock all of the time. I wasn't very fond of my job, and checked to see how much time I had left to be there. I know the more you look at the clock, it seems like the time is not moving. But I wanted to get out of there as soon as I started each day.
that is very lucky of you to have scheduled breaks and lunch. and the liberty to see the time discreetly. just can't help it when you know that the shift is coming at an end. thanks for the response.
hi sudalunts, too bad you're not enjoying your work. hope you are enjoying mylot coz this myt help you a bit releasing those pressure joints. i hope you will find a job that you would tremendously enjoy. life can be very rewarding, pal.
@arthi_88 (1518)
i look at my watch so many times that i cant even keep a count of it..
hi arthi. that would too many times, huh. thanks for your response. good day!
@corngrass (727)
I look at the clock almost all the time. My main function is to key-in data so i tried to time myself. I tried to target myself to key-in the data as fast as i can. Before i start, i will see the clock and time myself to finish XX files within XX time. So i will always look at the clock but what is interesting is I'm looking at the clock but i won't notice the time past so fast.
hi corngrass. you must be typing impressively well now in the line of work that you are in. thank your participating here although this discussion was posted almost a month now. to look at the clock and not notice the time flying away, certainly interesting. thanks again for sharing and good day!
@Blondie2222 (22376)
When it's not busy at work and i'm just sitting there with nothing 2 do i'm always looking at the clock constantly wishing the time would go by faster. But I try 2 keep myself occupied so taht i'm not doing that. Cuz then makes the day drag on slower!
hi blondie! good day! i have only keyed in mylot again after a month, huh!, and interestingly you were my latest response. thank you for participating in my discussion and may you enjoy more of mylotting. im juz so happy to be back and hopefully this will go on. workwise, i found talking to our guests a new way of keeping me from the clock. happy lotting!
At my last job, I was always looking at the time on the computer. I was waiting for a break, lunch, or waiting for my shift to be over. lol. I was a customer service rep, and I disliked the job very much. Which is why I no longer work there.
you're name sound like a rhyme and would be definitely good to be true mrsgoodygoody. thanks for your response. i think that was a good decision for you to leave something you don't enjoy anymore. i certainly hope that you have already find a work to your liking.
hi there i work from home as a chat moderator for an online bingo company and i need to take room counts on the hour so i do set an alarm as sometimes i will forget about the time but as there is a clock always infront on me on my pc i do tend to clockwatch when it is very slow in the room.
well, this is the first time i heard about chat moderator. thanks to you. time monitoring could keep us out of focus from we actually do. and luckily for you you're doing it as part of your work and doing it in the confines of your home. good luck to your work graceandowen and may the alarm go off when it already should.
I also got the habit of looking at the wrist watch at regular intervals.I think it is very difficult for me to get rid of this habit.
it is indeed very difficult especially if you have planned something exciting after your shift.. (plans to go posting here, eh) thanks for your response. enjoy each post.
When at work I look at the clock at differents times but most to see how much time I have left of work and through the day I always look at the clock cause of appointment and differents things going on through the day
my friend told me that the reason why i was such a sucker for the clock was because i want to go home early and on time. but who wouldm't want that when you get an appointment after and quite a number of things to attend to at home. aren't we all have lives other than work? tnx for your response.
@dagda24 (367)
I work in an office so it isn't really noticeable if I look at the time on my pc often. How often I do look at it depends on the kind of day I am having. If I am very busy then I might look at the clock at 10am, then the next time I look it is gone 12 and I realise why I'm so hungry. On days when I do not have as much work I might look at the time every few minutes though - I try not to do this as it makes the day feel even slower than it already is.
hi, hello to you. realized there that the business of work is the only way to cure me of my habit there. i mean, everytime there were so many things to attend to, i hardly notice the time. the stomach is such a hallow beast, i too look at the clock mostly when i'm hungry. thanks for the response pal.