Number ? Out of 140,444 and Climbing...

By JJ
@myklj999 (20062)
Do you ever click on the "myLot population" link at the bottom of the page to see what your overall rank is? I check it every few days just to see where I am; I've gained 40 odd places since I started looking a couple months ago. I know I'll never make the first page, but I'm getting ready to go on to page 5 in the next week or so if things stay as they have been. I've deduced two pieces of information from watching my climb: 1. There are a lot of people who really don't post here anymore 2. I really am mouthy Do you ever check your ranking in the total population of myLot?
@sunshinecup (7881)
Yeah I use to but I haven't since I returned after a year's break. I just checked it when I read your discussion. I see I am on the top of page 3, so yeah that confirms I am mouthy as well, LOL. I am curious to see how far I can move in a weeks time. So I will be keeping an eye on this week.
I see the Users by Ranking tab, but do I have to scroll through every page to find myself?
@myklj999 (20062)
Just look at your post count and scroll or fastforward through the pages 'til you get to the place you would be.
Oh, it's based on the number of posts? Crap, I must be way down there then...
I'm on page 12. And still getting trumped by users who dropped out months ago. Guess I need to step it up a little...
@sunshine4 (8709)
I never even knew that was there before, so nope, I have never checked. When I first joined, I bet I was near the top. I would get on for hours every day! Now I dont have much free time, so get on here and there threwout the week.
@mands61123 (2098)
i'd never noticed it if i'm honest just had a look now but couldn't find me you're doing well to be at page 5 well done
@tessah (6621)
i didnt even know you could check yer ranking in the entire community.. or that you were even ranked.. soo imma say no..?
@myklj999 (20062)
Ranked/rated by number of posts...
@tessah (6621)
;blank look;
@myklj999 (20062)
*takes tess's hand* *looks deep in her eyes* *speaks s l o w l y* "It says how many people have more posts than you and how many people have less. *lets go of tess's hand and quickly runs away*
Wow! I never knew there was an overall ranking here on MyLot. I knew there were individual interest rankings, but never an overall. I'm about to check mine right now. I wonder what the ranking is based on; is it just posting, or does it have to do with the rating system as well. I will be back to let you know where I land in the whole scheme of things!
You've got some work to do, since you posted this you dropped to page 6. That's not to say that I'm any better. I am waaaaaaay behind you at page 14. At least I am towards the middle of the page though lol.
@Chevee (5915)
I learn something new from you everyday, I found some of my friends from another site on their with the same user name, I didn't go through all the ratings, I will when I have more time.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I do enjoy checking mine. I haven't been posting enough this month to really gain any ground but I am still on page 3 in the 126th position. You are absolutely right that there are a lot of inactive people..and that it's good to be mouthy. I bet you'll make page one before I do!
@joyadalia (1409)
Hi, I do not know where to find my overall rank out of all the users but based on cities I am on the first page for Dumaguete City. But then there are only very few of us from here
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Looks like i'm on page 16 and this is the first time i did this..thanks for asking!..Guess i need to post more so i can get out of the teens!
I never checked my overall ranking, until now. Math gives me a headache. I didn't try to figure out my exact ranking. I am, or was when I checked a few minutes ago, #20 on page 161. I figured if I was that far up on the list of 2811 pages of names, I wasn't too so badly. *L* That's mmmmmm, roughly, in the top 17 or 18 %?
wasn't DOING so badly
@myklj999 (20062)
I do that kind of stuff all the time. I don't know why I never "preview" my posts, but a couple times a day I'll hit "submit" and then there it is; the obvious error that I really should have seen. If they'd even give us an edit feature that was only good for the first 5 minutes; I'm on a board, there's a time limit set to edit your posts; for the first 5 minutes you can change it, but after that it's permanent.
The really bad thing is, I DO always read back over my comments. Sometimes I even go over them twice. I just completely missed that one.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey mykl, I was just curious and I just had to know. Well, I don't even exist in mylot! I checked and re-checked and I don't even place or show! I'm not even counted. I can't find me anywhere. That is really comforting. My state doesn't exist so I looked in the "general" category and I found lots of people that I know, but not me. Poor Opal26 doesn't even exist here! So whatever the count is add +1 for me! I would like to write to mylot, but why should I bring it up. Maybe they put me in some other state. I'm not going to search every state and country, although if I had time I would because I'd like to know where I am. So, if anyone finds me, please let me know. Maybe this would get me a lower ranking if I started this discussion under idiots!
@Opal26 (17690)
Ok, thanks. I'm on page 39. I told you I was an idiot.
@ellie333 (21029)
140503 and still climbing as I just checked for the very first time and I am on page 5, I also noticed there are many who I don't see posting here anymore. You mouthy LOL! I had never thought to look until I saw this post, thank you. Ellie :D
@myklj999 (20062)
Yep, 60 new members in 17 hours; this place really grows, doesn't it?
@ellie333 (21029)
It certainly does it is 140505 now so yet another two inbetween responses. LOL. Ellie :D
@Anchopy (1453)
• Paraguay
how do you know what your rank is? How do you know that you've wonned 40 places?? I don't understand this...
@myklj999 (20062)
Simply read the discussion. The very first sentence tell you about it.
@Anchopy (1453)
• Paraguay
oh! now I get it.. thanks!
@pitstop (7730)
How do you locate your overall rank. Its a huge list and I'm not sure.
@myklj999 (20062)
By your post count. It is a listing of who has the most to the least posts. You are probably around page 14 or 15 with your number (2003).
@Trace86 (5033)
I just looked and I am on page 10. I didn't count placement on the page like another friend did, but I am near the bottom third. I need to get "mouthier" to catch up to some of my friends. I just have a hard time finding discussions to respond to. Where do you find discussions to respond to as an outlet for your "mouthiness"?
@myklj999 (20062)
I answer lots of discussions in the "myLot" interest every day from newbies looking for advice and such...plus I've almost (but not quite) perfected the art of talking all day about nothing at all.
Its been a wahile...maybe two months. Last I checked I was on 180....... Now I'm all the way to 37.. WoW..thanks for reminding me bout this little thing. Kinda silly really, but interesting. I noticed a few people who joined after me, closer to the front...gues I'm not mouthy nuff??
@arkaf61 (10882)
I never really pay attention. I suppose I might look occasionally, but without really paying attention. I don't think I ever checked past the first page. The number of members is huge, but as you mention there are many that are not active anymore.
@soooobored (1187)
I can't find myself, so I checked out the last page. The girl who was ranked the lowest seemed pretty lovely!
@marina321 (4561)
No, I haven't before! Didn't know that that number signified much but the number of people here and I do not look at it unless someone brings it up in a discussion I have learnt something new from your discussion. cheers