Today is National Radio Day

National Radio Day celebrates a great invention and communications medium. The invention of the radio dates back to the late 1800s. A number of inventors played a role in creating this important medium. A number of inventions and discoveries were required to make the radio a reality. This included both transmission and reception methods and technology. The radio somewhat evolved from the telegraph and the telephone, with wireless telegraph directly contributing to its invention. Celebrating National Radio Day is easy listening. Simply tune into your favorite radio stations(s). You could also give your local radio personalities a little recognition. So do you still listen to conventional radio or satelite radio? I still listen to conventional radio. It's funny but since my youngest was born (11 years ago) I started listening to talk radio. I guess it was because I needed to hear another adult, since I was a stay at home mom. I enjoy listening to G. Gordon Liddy, the old Don and Mike Show, and now The Ed Norris Show!
Err.. I didn't know that. Thanks kimers867 for telling us. I don't listen to radio much. I just browse through sites like last.fm but not so religiously.
Never heard of last.fm will have to go check it out. Thanks for the response.
It's an online radio and music community site. It has some really nice features. Go check it. Worth your time and effort.
@toddsarm (766)
I like to listen to talk shows to
Do you have any favorites?? Thanks for the response.
@PearlGrace (3172)
Hi kimbers867. Pretty much the only time I listen to the radio is when I'm in the car. And it's the conventional radio. I must say that when satellite radio first came out, I got all excited about all the channels. But then I realized that would be just one more monthly bill that I'd have to pay. So, I decided against satellite radio and have never tried it. Now, I understand with Sirius and XM satellite radio companies merging, the price per month will actually double for those subscribing! I enjoy NPR but rarely catch it. I'm just not in the car much during the times they have the most interesting "talk" topics.
Yeah, I can't see paying for the radio. My brother has it and loves it but he is in his truck a lot for work, so it is worth to him. The only time I get to listen to what I want is when the girls aren't with me. Usually we are listening to CD's.
I enjoy listening radio a lot for i can hear a large sum of fresh news all over the world. What you only have to do is just listening. Turn on the radio and you will be surrounded by the world. The radio is also so cheap that most of people can afford it, so it is very popylar. There are also many excellent raido programms too.
Welcome to myLot! If I am home, I usually listen to some of my favorite stations via the internet! It is so cool that we can do that now. Thanks for the response.