Do your kids ever put in special requests for meals?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
Last week I made my daughter a small one egg omelet. I pit some bacon and cheese in it. She was eating it when she said, "Next time mommy, I'd like it with just cheese." So this morning for breakfast I made her on with just cheese.She gobbled it up. Do your kids do this? Do you remember the next time?
@GemmaR (8526)
When I was little, my Mum always used to ask me what I wanted for my tea when I got in from school, and I'd tell her, and she'd always make it for me when I got home. She still does that actually, apart from the occasions when either she's at work or I'm cooking the meal.
@zeny_zion (1284)
most of the time my kid is telling me what she wants to eat. even for school food she wants always different kind of food. i always makes it a point that i will prepare food that she want.
Reminds me of a bedtime routine where my daughter says she's hungry and my wife asks her what her belly wants to eat in the morning. :)
Ha! That's funny. My kids think I'm a short order cook too. Medium well dad. My kids like what I cook but when the people are whipping up 30 minutes meals on TV they get in the kitchen and make more mess than progress. Its fun to see them making weird combinations, I just give them freedom to create. My rule is: I cook, we eat, you clean.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
My little sister does this all the time. I guess it is good that they are thinking about what their likes are and what they want..next step independence...
@lilybug (21148)
I have a fairly picky young man in my house, so I am always getting special requests. I sometimes remember, but not always. I never let him get away with being as picky as he would like though. He is 8 1/2 and still wants the crust cut off his bread. That special request I do not give in to. He will eat the crust if it is toasted, so he can live with it when it is not. My son is a bacon fiend so I would never have the request your daughter made.
@babykeka80 (2003)
My daughter also does this. Usually for lunch she wants either noodles or mac n cheese and hotdogs. She is definitely a child that has an opinion. Sometimes when I am out of ideas for dinner I will ask her for some suggestions. Other times if I am up in the air between two different things I will ask her. She is always eager to answer and it keeps me from pulling my hair out trying to decide. She is always specific when she wants something. For instance, she always tells me, mommy I want a ham n cheese sandwhich with mustard and mayonaise.