Michael Phelps, gold medal winner--the criticism begins!

@dragon54u (31617)
Geez, people are mad because he's endorsing Frosted Flakes! Kids love that cereal, there's nothing wrong with it as long as PARENTS don't let the kids eat it all day long or even every single day. Mr. Phelps, the boy whose teachers said he'd never amount to much because of his hyperactivity and inattention, has the right to choose any endorsement he wants and shouldn't be criticized. It's his own business, not anyone else's concern. I wish him success! What do you think?
Yeah I was reading the articles about this and I think it's really dumb. Parents are supposed to control what their kids are eating. I mean they do make the money so they need to buy what's good for their children. I mean buying it once in a while doesn't matter as long as they don't eat it everyday. In my household my mother usually buys Cheerios and then she buys me the Special K. Every once in a while she buys Frosted Flakes or other cereals. I am glad that Michael Phelps won all those medals, I am really proud of him, because he just showed all those people that he was able to do something.
@dragon54u (31617)
I'm very proud of him, too! He overcame great odds to accomplish what he did. People are saying he sets a bad example endorsing such a cereal. But he's not supposed to be an example, parents are! I wish they'd quit farming out their kids' role models and be one themselves. Nobody can influence children like their own parents.
Oh yeah your so right. Parents are supposed to be their kids role models first. And I think Michael is a little cutie. I like his big ears.
@SangsTurks (1447)
Its a free world and everybody can decide for themselves what they want to and choose to do. people like to talk about everything under the sun, why cant they just let him do what he wants to for his own self.
@dragon54u (31617)
People like to tell others what to do. And here in America parents want role models for their kids, someone for them to look up to and imitate. The role model should be them! So they criticize poor Michael for his choice of cereals to endorse. People should mind their own business, their lives would be easier that way!
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I think they should leave him alone. He has earned his right to choose who he endorses with.
@dragon54u (31617)
For some reason, everyone thinks it's their business. I love Frosted Flakes as a child. I still eat them sometimes! I will buy a box just because of this criticism!