Would you allow that?

A friend of mine has a daught er who is 14. He is letting a guy come by his house, frequently let me add, to see her that is 24. Me personally, I would call the cops and call it a day, but he is on some "I trust my daughter" trip. Am I crazy os is he crazy? Any any event, would you allow this to go on?
@gemini_rose (16193)
Nope, I do not think I would, and I know for a fact that my hubby would definately not stand for it. What does a 24 year old want with a fourteen year old anyway, that is what I would be thinking. If it was my daughter then I would tell her that once she turned sixteen which is the age when I cannot really do much about it then if she still has feelings then fair enough but until then no chance.
EVEN 16 IS A TOUGH ONE TO SWALLOW. (SATC) I started courting my wife when she was 16, but I really didn't know she was 16. So she graduated HS @ 17 and we were married when she turned 18 and I was 21. I can somewhat understand this kids position. If the father is allowing them to see one another then he is pretty much ok. ( Ido feel that therere are a lot of attractive older girls his own age that he could be seeing and that makes him somewhat of a loser, but, older doesn't always mean respectable these days, LOL.) My thing is I don't understand what her dad's logic is. He is offering complete and total trust to a 14 year old and some loser 24 year old. No he has not been to college, and yes he does appear to be a stoner. LOL. Thanks for sharing.
The Dad is either clueless or in denial. You don't have to deal with problems that just don't "exist".
That's true. I definitely think he is in denial. But then again, I say he might just be stupid.
@yogeshdhusa (2237)
Hi carter, i will not allow.. because 14 is not mature age, they need guidence to behave and understand the other person. I think te man should be stoped and the daughter need to guide properlly. hope you agree with me.. thanks and enjoy
denial!! seriously what reason would a 24 yr old have to hang out with a 14yrold. im with you i would never let my daughter hang out with a 10 year older man.
@singlemommy (2953)
Personally, I don't think I would want my daughter hanging around a guy that old. But I should probably also add that when I was 16 I dated at 27 year old preacher. I was raised in a christian home and I remember my parents sitting down with him before we started dating and telling him their views on pre-marital relations, etc. He never laid a finger on me, not even one good night kiss. We dated for a few months and nothing ever happened. I eventually broke it off, but I guess my parents put enough of a scare in him that he wouldn't lay a finger on me. But I think those were very rare circumstances and that a 24 year old man hanging around a 14 year old girl should not be taken lightly. I think this father really needs to do some soul searching about this.
@bunnybon7 (36541)
• Holiday, Florida
wow has she got him snowed. unless he gets her pills for birth control or something. a guy that age can talk girls into stuff.
@rbailey83 (1401)
no way would i allow that. sorry but i don't see any reason why a 24 year old would be going to see a 14 year old. i'd definately give him a "special talk" and if he ever came back again i would call the cops. I would trust my daughter, yes, but i would not trust the 24 year old. that's just rediculous
14 to 18 age range is hard enough to swallow, 14 to 24 age difference I absolutely would not tolerate. Unless he has some handicap, where he is the age level of a 14 yr old and not a 24 yr old, then he is nothing more than a pervert or pedophile, and I would treat it as such. There is no trusting your daughter at 14. What does she know about life, and making mature decisions, that is what parents are for. He is the one that is untrustworthy in this situation, anyway, what do you think he wants with a 14 yr old girl. Where can he take her on a date? Please this is gross.