Are you the youngest in the family?

I am the youngest in the family. Being the youngest, I am favored by all of them because I am the youngest. Seems like the baby in the family even if I am already old. I feel good about this but later when all of us get married, my older siblings let me do things for them most of the time, Process papers for them, facilitate things for them, do some transactions for them, because they said I am the youngest and I am still capable and able more than them.... and besides, I have to obey my elder siblings. oh..oh.. I feel like under martial law. But they also do it in a tactful and nice way. Did this things happen to you too. what did you do? what were your reactions? Please share. Thanks.....
@lilybug (21148)
I am the baby sister. I have 4 older brothers and 1 older sister. I never felt like I need to obey them though.
Well, good for you. Maybe they don't want you to be in a hassle and burn it for the future.
@lingli_78 (12844)
no, i'm not... i am the middle one and i still have a younger brother after me... but i am the only daughter in the family... so i can say that i am the baby in the family in some sense... and i always have my brothers or parents to help me whenever i need help... so i guess i am the one who always ask them for help and not the other way round... :-) even until i am married now... and i love it... take care and have a nice day...
oh!! you are lucky to have their attention even if you are not the youngest. That is once in a blue moon that happens.. Most often the youngest is the pet in the family.
I was an only child. Well loved and had an amazingly satisfying childhood. Couldn't ask for better. But, I always gravitated toward friends that had big families
wow the only child. You experience being the eldest and the youngest at the same time. yes if people are not lazy to make a research through inernet. It 's a great thing too.
@checapricorn (16066)
Hi celestial, I am the eldest in the family and I can say that my youngest sister is always excuse for doing something in the house when she was young..lol! Anyway, now that we are both married, we try to ask favor from each other, I will asked her to process something I needed if she has time and same thing she'll do to me when I have an access!
Oh!! I love that when sisters are helping each other in case of an emergency.Have good day,
@rajeshfgh (1627)
Hi celstial, even I am the youngest in my family. I actually love it, but I don't really know why. Sometimes I feel good that I can see all my elder brothers and sisters growing before me and face the challenges in life before me. I can then get some experience from them and have my way out easily. I know that this is not always possible but atleast my thinking goes this way. Also, you're pampered the most if you're the youngest. But, I must mention here that eventhough I am the youngest I don't look like the youngest, that sometimes place spoilsport. As for the obeying part, I like to do small things for others, so that's not really a problem for me.
very good!!! I really like that ides. Thanks for sharing and have a good day.
@eihdra (3116)
hi.. I am also the youngest in the family but it doesn't mean that I was spoiled when I was young..In fact, I told my dad that I don't wanna be spoiled and to be treated equally as my elder siblings.. i did do some errands for them but only as a respect because they are older and not because they command me to..Eversince, they cannot command me and tell me what to do..i did it because i want to and not for fear that they might ground me or something.. I did have some edge as the youngest, mainly because, the gap between my sister who was born before me is 10 years...I was pampered in some little ways but not to the extent that I would use my being the youngest to nonsense things...
Yes me too. I did not do it for fear of them because they are older than me. I just want to help them specially if I am more familiar than them with the kind of stuff they really want to to.
@vidhyavini (6112)
Ya I am the youngest in my family. I have faced so many situations like this. When my sister got a baby, I was taking care of the kid most of the time. She used to say that I should learn this now itself. And I did that too. For the second baby also she said the same. Only then I understood. Hehe. I was just wondering that she grew up too kids without much effort till their 1st year. Hehe.. When will she learn about that??? hehe. Probably with my child. Hehe.
Yes, I understand specially if we are still singles and Our older brothers and sisters are thinking can easily pull us out and do things for them. We have plenty of that kind of situation in our country, Philippines.
@kassdaw (593)
I too am the youngest. I was adopted by my grandparents when I was little so my siblings are 20+ years older then me. I was raised as an only child and most of my sisters are jealous of me because "dad never let us do that," I still hear that all the time. But I get roped into stuff. When I was in school I took accounting and in the long run it seemed like a good plan. Now I feel like the family accountant. Always being asked to look at finances and explain data on retirement plans and help with tax prep. I like that even though my siblings are so much older then me I am still an important part of their personal lives. I know they love me and care for me like all brothers and sister do, but they also respect me as a professional and see me as a peer and not a young adult. I enjoy helping them with their money management. My issue comes in with my parents. My dad is in his 70's and needs more help then any one. We also live across the country so I am getting faxes, emails and phone calls about everything under the sun. He tells me that it is because I am so young and that I can easily explain changes in information. Especially regarding insurance policies. It drives me crazy but at the same time I love it.
O good!! that is cool!! when everybody respect you as a professional, even your family members you feel very good. congratulations for having such a wonderful family that even if you are not related to them by blood they loved and cared for you.
• Finland
I'm the oldest one, I have 2 little sisters and 2 little brothers.
@valeria1 (2723)
No I am not, I have one brother and he is the youngest! I never order him around actually we are in different countries so it is imporssible!
@okwusman1 (2249)
• Abuja, Nigeria
i am not the youngest in the family, i am the eldest. As the eldest i have a lot of responsibilities like providing for my mother who is a widow, paying the school fees of my younger ones and also the bills and all that. It is not easy being the eldest in the family.