Have you ever started a fight with your mother in law?

@SomeCowgirl (32271)
One thing that I am worried about doing is ever starting a fight with or yelling at my mother in law. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me so you can understand when I say I hope I never get into a fight or yell at my mother in law. I haven't had reason to so far, but that doesn't mean their isn't still room for disagreements. Have you ever fought with your mother in law? If so what for? Did you win? Did this cause a strain with your husband? I know that a lot of people are having difficulties getting along with their in laws but I do not have any problem getting along with mine. My fiance and I are still learning and as such we know when to listen to our elders and when to say " I have to disagree." Even as such, disagreeing can start a fight especially if both parties involved are stubborn.
@moneyandgc (3430)
My mother in law and I didn't get along all that well in the beginning because there were outside factors clouding her judgement. We didn't really speak to one another and didn't have to because we live in two different states. Everything that needed to be said went through my husband. It was difficult. When she decided to stop and really see who I was/am for herself she realized that I am a good person. I decided to let the past be in the past. We get a long great now and things are much happier for everyone. Sometimes she pressures my husband and he has a hard time telling her exactly how he feels. He is more likely to tell her to drop it and then distance himself. Once in awhile I will send her an email and let her know what he is feeling and why. She takes it well and we can usually come to a compromise. I try to stay out of a lot of stuff unless I am directly asked though. Thankfully things have become pretty drama free in the past couple of years.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I am glad that you are now getting along better with your mother in law. I appreciate the response, and I hope that you have a very wonderful and lovely day.
I've never gotten into an argument with my mother-in-law. She lives in a completely different country and we rarely see one another. If she was around more though she would get on my nerves and yes I'm afraid we would definitely end up arguing. She takes over whenever her and my father-in-law come to visit, I guess she wants to do as much as she can for her son while she is here. But she also needs to remember where she is....this is my house...not hers...LOL....OMG! I just about started getting myself riled up there for a minute, because the last time she was down her she was really ticking me off. OK breathing slowly...................ok there...... I'm calm now....LOL
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I'm glad your calm now. I could tell you were getting yourself a bit too riled up, but I can understand why. I suppose when she's down the only the thing you can do is to just do as much as you can for your husband and let her do the rest. Don't fight over him though, not only could he get a big ego but it could cause a big fight. I'm glad you've never gotten into an argument with your mother in law, and I can see why as you live to far away to get into one. I appreciate the response, and I hope that you have a wonderful and lovely day.
@eagle_f15 (2054)
Hi....nope have not started a fight with my MIL before and would not like to. By the way she is in living in another state and comes back to our hometown once in a while and whenever she calls up its a conversation between my husband and her so no chance to start a fight even if I want to...heheheh!!!