"birit singers"

@dong1970 (1573)
there are so many good singers here in the philippines and making names in the international scene,but i don't admire singers that so called "BIRIT SINGERS"i find them so lousy.I admire the style of Ms Lea Salonga,she has this soft and angelic voice.
@lyzabelle (1668)
I agree with you Dong. Leas Salonga is one of my favorite singer. She has a good and crystal clear voice. There are many good singers in our country but she stood out.
@ayenacsi (911)
When lea sings, you can still understand the words and her voice is really good. I would rather listen to Lea anyday compared to other birit singers.
Well I'm not much of a fan of these local 'birit' singers. But I do like old melodies coming from Sharon Cuneta, Kuh Ledesma, Odette Quesada, Side A, South Border. From the young breed I just like Yeng Constantino and of course the great Lea Salonga. I just hope these 'birit' singers such as Sarah Geronimo, Rachell Ann Go, Toni Gonzaga and Regine Velasquez (although I like some of her songs) would realize that doing such style of singing could be somehow damage their vocal chords or larynx.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Lea Salonga is a very good singer, that's why she garnered many awards, was given good roles in quality productions and was loved by many Filipinos and foreigners. We should be proud of her because she's a Filipino and she helps lift the Philippines in her way. Good evening dong.
I am not so much into the birit singers, especially when they shout it, but there are some birit singers than can actually deliver very well. Different strokes for different folks, they say, and I am sure there are a lot of people who loves watching the birit singers. =) I just don't like it when people base a singer's capability to sing if he/she can birit. There are a lot of low toned singers who are great as well. I agree on you about Lea Salonga. Great singer, indeed!