Has anyone ever tried to put a guilt trip on you?

One that you knew you didnt deserve? Have you ever had problems with someone who did something wrong and then tried to turn it arround to make you feel guilty?
@wolfie34 (26881)
My ex was a professional at turning the tables on me and pushing me onto the guilt trip, my ex would always make it out to be my fault and make me suffer and make me feel bad, when I knew damn well that it was my ex and all my ex's problems were mine and I was responsible for the way my ex was feeling or if things weren't turning out right. I guess I was used to it and I used to swallow it until I revolted, there's only so much guilt tripping you can do before you become immune to it!
That is so true Wolfie because everyone is bound to catch on to them and then reach their last day with it. I think sometimes its good to revolt and certainly in cases like this. I certainly agree about the guilt because in those cases , yes, we can and do become immune to it.
@wolfie34 (26881)
Thanks for best responses my friend, appreciated.
@byfaithonly (10716)
My only daughter tends to do this nearly every time she talks to me. She has a lot of anger issues and is not happy with her life so it's like she wants me to be as miserable as she is - she's an adult, I love her, but I do not control her life now and I'm getting tired of her trying to make me feel quilty because she's made some bad choices.
Oh yes, I know someone like that. They dont regret the bad choices untill after the fact and then they want no part of the responsibilty because the consquences dont just go away....ugh....you dance and you pay the fidler....but I will not be conned into feeling guilty for this one...oh no.....
@byfaithonly (10716)
Exactly how I feel - but then as much as I hate to admit it 'she never does anything wrong', it's always someone else's fault... she sure didn't get that from me - I'm the first to admit I messed up and oh boy have I done that a few million trillion times :(
@Aussies2007 (5339)
Yeah... some people are very good at doing that. They are never wrong... and blame everybody else when something goes wrong.
Exactly , like when you suggest to someone, that is a bad idea and it will have consquences and they dont listen...then when the time comes for the consquences, they are whining and blaming someone else.Sometimes, they dont act like they remember being warned or they turn arround and somehow try to blame someone else....maybe even you. Ugh!Then they cant understand why you may have some problems with their judgements???? or maybe they are just hoping to try something else that is just as bad of an idea?
I call it "living in denial".
My daughter is an expert in this. She blames me for everything that has gone wrong in her life. She thinks this gives her a free pass to behave anyway she likes and not have to accept the consequences of her actions.
@wolfie34 (26881)
People just don't want to take responsibility do they and they look for someone else to carry the can, sometimes it's the nearest and dearest, it's the cop out clause!
@ShellyB (5244)
Yeah, but it has been my daughter the one who does this to me. Sometimes I am ok and others I just argue back. And then sometimes I even feel guilty. lol
Oh, I know somene who is an expert at it. Its almost like a challenge to them to get you to feel guilty for no reason and they seem to enjoy it just like winning at a game...ugh... gotta watch out for that....lol